Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there will be more. And it will be another stand-alone game. And it will come in a big box. And it will include a pile of new animalfolk decks. And other neat stuff.

Can't promise any timeline for it yet though. There's so much variety with DoM1 + DoM2 that I believe they should have huge replay value until we can provide you with more goodness.

Do you have any ideas and wishes on what DoM3 should include in it? Everything is still possible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl G
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooray for a big box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emperor Penguins? YES. kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly we need sugar gliders and flamboyant cuttlefish. I suppose tardigrades would be too small. If we get aquatic, though, Octopus adorabilis would be a great candidate, looks-wise, but I guess the mimic octopus would be a better thematic fit. Hmm, but I would expect the mimic octopus to have abilities like the Adapting Veiled Chameleons. Rats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of Emperor penguins, you can see the alpha version of them in the gameplay video here. We have adjusted a few of them since the video but their core idea of the new spend mechanism has stayed the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Liuhuparta wrote:

Do you have any ideas and wishes on what DoM3 should include in it? Everything is still possible!

Whoa, I'm just going to write everything that comes into my mind, I hope that's okay

- 1x 6 cost card for each factions... or just a few more cards. Bit like promos. You could have a copy of 3 cards for platypuses, but a 4 for foxes etc etc. Just a few more cards for old factions. I don't think it would unbalance the game.

- alternate market board with two sides, one has -1 0 +1 +2 +3 values (this would ensure you can't get stuck with a value six at the first space and other expensive cards at the start of the game) The other has 0 +2 +3 +5 +6 values (maybe this is useless due to "buy anything" effects, but it would make +value effects more useful). This would in theory make the game slower in terms of buying things, but faster in terms of cycling your deck.

- Variant rules for a longer/shorter game (for example 6 or 10 stacks) I haven't tried this so maybe it doesn't need anything other than testing it a few times and saying that it's official, but maybe it would work better with different starting decks.

- I'm a huge fan of star realms, and they added two types of cards in expansions that really elevated the game for me. Heroes and gambits. Both are one time use cards, you get gambits at the start of the game, and you can buy heroes from the market. In dale of merchants they would look something like, "throw away this card to get ... effect. This is not an action."
Here's a few examples of those effects:
- Take a card costing 3/4 or less from the market and put it into your hand
- Show a card from your hand, that card has +2 value this turn.
- You have two actions this turn (maybe they have to be the same action, so for example playing two techniques, or building two stacks, but probably one version could be a "gambit" and another a "hero").
- Throw away 1/2 cards from your hand (or discard pile or both)
- Search you deck for a card and put it into your hand.
- take a junk card from your hand and build a stack of value 1 with it (or you could make it so that the "gambit" itself is the first stack) (this would only make sense at the start of the game, so as a "gambit")
Sorry for saying that you should blatantly copy another game, but this would really work well I think. "Gambits" make players feel they have unique abilities from the very start and "heroes" give additional choices while playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
-Aren't flying squirrels close enough to sugar gliders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zachary1234 wrote:
-Aren't flying squirrels close enough to sugar gliders?
They're two small mammals with membranes that allow them to glide. I think that's about it. Nonetheless, I'm assuming none of my silly suggestions are worth anything.

For future reference, sugar gliders are marsupials, flying squirrels are placentals. They are not thought to be closely related, even if they look similar at a glance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
-Can't flying squirrels "fly the banner" for sugar gliders, anyway?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zachary1234 wrote:
-Can;t flying squirrels "fly the banner" for sugar gliders, anyway?
laugh I'm sure that's up to the individual. For me, no, they are quite distinctive. I'm sure a flying squirrel would tell you, "yes," and a sugar glider would tell you, "no." We're just a bunch of biased beasts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On topic:

It is a good day.

+ more DoM
+ bigger box to store everything (...hopefully it will fit premium sleeved cards)

Off topic:

Zachary1234 wrote:
-Can't flying squirrels "fly the banner" for sugar gliders, anyway?

Fish, whales and even humans all "swim". We are all pretty much the same right? It is a novice conception to say that because they do the same activity they are biologically the same. The wing-like structures are analogous not homologous structures in evolutionary terms.

The more expert conception is expressed by the other poster. Sugar gliders and flying squirrels are biologically very distinct. Both are class mammalia but they diverge after that point and do not share the same order, family, genus or species.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
-The nature of real life, and the nature of subject representation, can still be a simpler matter, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wallwaster wrote:
Liuhuparta wrote:

Whoa, I'm just going to write everything that comes into my mind, I hope that's okay

Sorry for saying that you should blatantly copy another game, but this would really work well I think. "Gambits" make players feel they have unique abilities from the very start and "heroes" give additional choices while playing.

A lot of stuff there! Some of these or stuff inspired by those might make an appearance in the game. We have developed something that will definitely make each player have unique stuff to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Runcible Spoon's answer was so exact that I suspect he is a fellow biologist. laugh

It would of course be possible to use whatever animals in DoMs and ignore evolution, but that would be too easy. For now every animalfolk with its own deck belongs to a different family. We probably stick to that restriction because different animals are fun. That means for example there won't be another cat or dog species since we already have an ocelot and fennec fox.

Whales, octopuses, fishes, and other sea animals cause practical and evolutionary problems, so we probably won't see them. Whales and dolphins could have their own underwater kingdoms. Octopuses have been around hundreds of millions years, which is enough time to conquer both the whole planet and the Milky Way. surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sepelius wrote:
Runcible Spoon's answer was so exact that I suspect he is a fellow biologist. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am slow. Zefquaavius wrote a scientific name with cursive! And the genus had a big letter. Impossible for a normal human! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sepelius wrote:
I am slow. Zefquaavius wrote a scientific name with cursive! And the genus had a big letter. Impossible for a normal human! devil
laugh Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Box? What a horrible idea.
Looks like you've gone the same route as most publishers these days.
I'll drop out and stick to DoM 1 and 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the idea of a big box. The current boxes, with or without the inserts, don't work well with sleeved cards.
If you do a big box it is important you make sure that sleeved cards can stand on their side. It has to be tall enough to fit the sleeved cards vertically on their side. I've considered just dumping the original boxes because of how ill-fitted they are.

Really enjoying the game! It is on my 10x10 list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player77 wrote:

Why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player77 wrote:
Looks like you've gone the same route as most publishers these days.
I'll drop out and stick to DoM 1 and 2.

I'm not following you there. Why it's horrible to offer a storage solution where people could have all their decks in neat order in one place? Our objective is to create games and other awesome stuff for the players. All decisions we make are made based on what we would ourselves want as players. Many of you have wished for a solution to store the games so that's what we will do.

Yes, the big box will take sleeves into account. Even if I don't personally sleeve most of my games, I know many of you do. You will be able to neatly store and play with all the decks. It's also going to have a bunch of new content including new animalfolk decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Portability. I like to carry around good games while travelling. Having small boxes with the least amount of empty space in it, is crucial. Furthermore, my shelvespace is limited. Large boxes are more difficult to fit in than small boxes, which fit almost anywhere.
In stead of a large boxed DoM3, I'd rather see new faction boosterpacks. Even of that would mean that buying all boosters would cost more than the large boxed set with all factions included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player77 wrote:
Even of that would mean that buying all boosters would cost more than the large boxed set with all factions included.

So if money is not an issue for you then why don't you just throw away the box and keep the cards? There you go, portability solved. I honestly don't understand your problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.