3 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question regarding time travel cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Stephen
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Happy new year folks, my friend brought his teen titans base set over the other day and claimed he couldn't see anything in the instructions regarding if you still need to pay the cost for time travel cards after you have bought and then played them yourself?

An additional bonus question although it may be in the wrong section but is there any other expansions that focus around destroying cards for VP or cards that have effects when they are destroyed other than forever evil, crisis 3 and the watchmen expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephens3012 wrote:
my friend brought his teen titans base set over the other day and claimed he couldn't see anything in the instructions regarding if you still need to pay the cost for time travel cards after you have bought and then played them yourself?

Technically all Time Travel cards are from Crossover 3 and have nothing to do with Teen Titans, but anyway...
From the rule card:
"You may discard a card from your hand to play this card from the Line-Up or Super-Villain stack..."
The important part is underlined. The 'discard to play' only applies if they are in the Line-Up or are the current Super-Villain.

Stephens3012 wrote:
An additional bonus question although it may be in the wrong section but is there any other expansions that focus around destroying cards for VP or cards that have effects when they are destroyed other than forever evil, crisis 3 and the watchmen expansion?

Mostly just Forever Evil and Crisis 3, what with them being the "bad guy" sets.
Watchmen -can- destroy a lot of cards, but there isn't really much for 'bonus' attached.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stephen
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
My bad, he must have got that set too and mixed the cards together haha. Thanks for the quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.