3 Posts

A Feast for Odin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Confusing rules regarding things placement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sangsu Park
South Korea
flag msg tools
Can I put multiple things on a homeboard or exploration boards simultaneously?

Let's say there is a 3 by 3 grid, and the numbers are income on homeboard or exploration board.

And this is U-shaped special blue tile.

2 by 1 green oil.

If I can place those two tiles simultaneously, it looks like this.
No restriction on placement.

But If I must put them one by one. They would look like this.
->

or
->

Both of them are illegal move.

Which one is correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can place things simultaneously. From the FAQ:

Quote:
Q: Can I place multiple tiles simultaneously on the board?
A: Yes, as long as the layout of the tiles on your board is valid after you have placed all of them. It is common to wait to place them until shortly before the income phase in order to get the best 'puzzle result'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are allowed to place the tiles simultaneously. Once you have “puzzled out” the best orientation for the tiles that you are adding, you must check to make sure that you are not covering any illegal income spaces. Just think of it as adding all tiles at the exact same instant.

In general, I save all tiles that I collect until immediately before the income phase. I only place them right before this phase. Later, I might place additional money on my player board immediately before the bonus phase as well. The only exception to this is that I often lay out my harvest goods on the feast early in the round so that I know that I’m covered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.