2 Posts

Rise to Power» Forums » Variants

Subject: Some House Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Pearce
msg tools
mbmb
In my game, we play a few house rules which I think makes the game run a little quicker and gives a few more options.

1. 6 contracts available to take in a 2-3 player game. 4 contracts for 4+ players.

- The idea behind this is that sometimes a contract or 2 just sits there and never gets taken. This means that the other two are constantly taken, leaving no room for strategy. Two extra contracts frees up that space and theres minimal downtime in a lower player count. The game plays as per normal in 4+ players.

2. As an action, a player can wipe the board of contracts.

- Sometimes you just want to watch the world burn... As an addition to the above problem, you might just want to clear the area and see what comes next.

3. If you do wipe the board of contracts, for an additional AP you can take a contract.

- In this way a player who wipes the board might see the contract they really want, but they've cleared it and prepared it for their opponent player. As an extra cost, this is something that players may or may not participate in, but they are given the option, though it comes with a personal cost.

4. Use the CEO, the Government Agenda and Government contracts mixed in. Don't use the Pylons.

- I found the CEO to be an excellent addition and even without these house rules its something I play with every game. It's just works. The Government agenda and contracts just mix in well and give you more options. I like being able to put government contracts into the exchange, get a really cool bonus like a lot of Prism cards, and then buying it and building it at half the standard cost. The Government Agendas are a fun addition. I found the pylons to be a little lacking in importance or fun, and a minor addition that the game doesn't really need.

---

That's it, really. The house rules adhere closely to the game rules - and this is how I essentially introduce the game when it is pulled from the shelf. Most people really enjoy it.

---

I still have space in the game box and I'm interested in doing something like Quadropolis, such as grouping together colours.

Or something like a Hidden Agenda - such as having a fully upgraded building or something like that. Something that you can personally aim for.

But that's above and beyond the current system that I've played and enjoyed and hope you try for yourselves.

Love the game and would love to see it get a bit more love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least with my copy, you can play any of the modules without needing to add them all if you just choose one, just thought to say. So, no real need for point 4, but at least you found a mix that works with you and your group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.