Subject: Virtual Dice Roller rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vladimir Roganov
Russia
Saint Petersburg
flag msg tools
Hi guy's!
Have you ever tried to simulate dice roll?
What you think about this app https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dice-x/id1190158236?uo=4&mt=...
I've made it recently, and want to receive some feedback.
It's free, and you may interested in it, when you forgot your dices :)
Have a good day!
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American in Chile
Chile
Temuco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Requires iOS 9.0 or later."

Not all of us have the late and greatest iphone. Some of us are satisfied to use what we have until it dies, and only then upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Sorlie
Norway
Levanger
Trøndelag
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I like Simple Dice 3D by Uran Company

https://appsto.re/no/oV6V7.i

Increase the size of the dice with 30% and add the option for total score being spoken out loud by a computer voice = and I would love this interface even more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Roganov
Russia
Saint Petersburg
flag msg tools
Daggerheart wrote:

Increase the size of the dice with 30% and add the option for total score being spoken out loud by a computer voice = and I would love this interface even more.

Thank you for good advice. I will add voice results feature in the next release (within 1-2 weeks). Also, there were a few updates since January, which made the app even better. Check it out if you don't mind.

Announce: d20 dice will be available soon, as the most requested feature. It's not so easy to develop, but I do my best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Davies
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Koneko: A PvP worker placement game set in a very Feline Feudal Japan........
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mean to sound like a butt, but this site has a very simple virtual dice roll system that anyone can use. No animated dice or anything, but the results are the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
no law on ceres.... just cops.
badge
i keep warning you. doors and corners, kid. that's where they get you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Schoolmarm5 wrote:

Not all of us have the late and greatest iphone. Some of us are satisfied to use what we have until it dies, and only then upgrade.

The iPhone 4S supports iOS 9. It came out in 2011. That's hardly 'the latest and greatest'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Roganov
Russia
Saint Petersburg
flag msg tools
Steve Broadfoot wrote:
I don't mean to sound like a butt, but this site has a very simple virtual dice roll system that anyone can use. No animated dice or anything, but the results are the same.

True. There are many possible options to roll the dice without iPhone app. But the main reason for using dice roller app is convenience. Imagine that you are meeting with your friends to play a board game, you will not like to go to the boardgamegeek site to make a roll every time in that case. Much simpler and entertaining way to to get a random number is placing one iPhone on the table, so all the players can see the rolling process (plus simulation is excluding the possibility of cheating). Also, you have a history of all rolls result.

With more releases will be even more benefits vs classic dices (or other tools).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Davies
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Koneko: A PvP worker placement game set in a very Feline Feudal Japan........
mbmbmbmbmb
elisar4 wrote:
Steve Broadfoot wrote:

True. There are many possible options to roll the dice without iPhone app. But the main reason for using dice roller app is convenience. Imagine that you are meeting with your friends to play a board game, you will not like to go to the boardgamegeek site to make a roll every time in that case. Much simpler and entertaining way to to get a random number is placing one iPhone on the table, so all the players can see the rolling process (plus simulation is excluding the possibility of cheating). Also, you have a history of all rolls result.

With more releases will be even more benefits vs classic dices (or other tools).

No doubt, but my example was more meant to highlight that other options already exist. Using the dice rolling on bgg would be cumbersome, but I've found other sites that are simple and free to use, and that being the case, I personally don't see the value in this app. Taking nothing away from the purpose or presentation of this app, it would be unjust of me to suggest it is unworthy. However I felt compelled to point out that other perfectly valid alternatives exist.

Now, if you could find a way to add in custom dice, or a variety of pre set alternative faces with built in recommendations of which faces to use to mimic the dice of particular games, then you're really offering something different.

Regardless, I truly hope this app is successful as the purpose behind it is noble. Anyone making anything to aid and support the board game community deserves success in my book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have/had a die roller and list randomizer on my iOS devices (although it's no longer in the AppStore)

Pip OTOH, does simulate the rolls. In fact, it rolls "actual, (virtual) dice", and you can see them bounce around and stuff!

I also use CritDice for Android. It's free, but with ads. I ended up throwing $5 to enable all features, including losing the ads, even though I suspect I won't use it much (which I didn't, but it's still all in good).

There are a lot of virtual dice apps out there, but variety is often good!

emodiu5 wrote:
Schoolmarm5 wrote:

The iPhone 4S supports iOS 9. It came out in 2011. That's hardly 'the latest and greatest'

My one reliable point of reference to date is a AAA freemium game I have required ios8 as of about 6 to 12 months ago. Usually, it may be most ideal to support up to 4 versions of iOS going back. Possibly 3 if ios11 wasn't released, but has been out a while (like a year+).

That said, my Ipod Touch 5 is still on ios7, and Ipad Air (1) is still on ios8. I heard some possible performance hits with the former, so didn't want to risk it. With the latter, I just never thought about it as much, but still didn't want to risk losing progress in games. Otherwise, the "general suggestion" with iDevices is to NOT update them beyond 1, and perhaps a 2nd major release than what your device originally came with. The Iph4s came with ios5, so ios8 may have been pushing it, let alone ios9 [shrug]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
The one I use is Dice 3D from 7pixels:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dice-3d-7pixels/id1263339902...
Free, no ads, no in-app purchases, no asking me to rate it, nothing.
Rolls fast, nice sound, and different display options like listing the numbers shown. It can do pretty much everything I want, apart from non-traditional polyhedrals (d13 prisms, etc) and fully customizable numbering (like a d6 with 1,2,2,3,3,4).

I do like how your Dice X app let's me freeze a die more easily than in Dice 3D, but otherwise it's not functional enough for me and has ads.

Thank you for your contribution and I wish you success in improving your app further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Roganov
Russia
Saint Petersburg
flag msg tools
Hey, everybody!
Dice X 1.7 is released today
Major new feature: Voice-uttered results
Check it out

Also: d20 dices will be available in the next release (1.8)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.