Hide
21 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: it common die in childbirth in this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juan b
msg tools
die in child bird is common ? can i remove this and don't break the game? , i have no problem with the other dark thinks in the game but this is kind of to morbid for my and for my girlfriend to and i what to play whit her...please help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on your choices. The first birth is risky, after that, it doesn't have to be all that common.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Removing it would absolutely break the game. Your best bet is to get Protect the Young, which reduces the odds - but the chance is always lurking. Sort of like in real life, it's extremely rare these days but it happens (and way more often in olden days. Let's face it, we're lucky there isn't a "Baby's healthy but mom dies" result).
That said... The oft repeated advice is "It's your game play it how you want", but I could never take out such an important (narrative) piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike kohlhepp
United States
allentown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if a guy named Steve is in your group and rolling on the intimacy chart, then yes it is quite common...soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Handrejk
Germany
Scheeßel
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!” ― Benjamin Franklin
mbmbmbmbmb
Do what you whant, it is only narrativ not important, and it doesnt break the game,but it makes it a little bit easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
There is a game variant called Seven Immortal Swordfighters in which the survivors have no children. Play that variant with your girlfriend and you won't have clildbirth deaths in the game.

(I completely understand, by the way...I dont't know anyone who has been eaten by a lion, but I know several folk who have miscarried. Itcan be a little close to home.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theonlymad wrote:
Do what you whant, it is only narrativ not important, and it doesnt break the game,but it makes it a little bit easier.

Agreed. But here is maybe an easy solution, if this is game-breaking for you and your GF:

Use this Result if you roll a 2 or 3 on the Intimacy Chart: "Due to less than romantic conditions, neither Survivor is able to climax -- the woman being so disappoint, she wanders off into the darkness never to be seen again. The male survivor, also massively disappoint, gains a random Disorder and +3 Insanity."

It's the same outcome mechanically speaking as what's written in the book, but you could print out a little type-up of something like that and sticker it over the result in the rulebook, if you were that crafty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:
theonlymad wrote:

Agreed. But here is maybe an easy solution, if this is game-breaking for you and your GF:

Use this Result if you roll a 2 or 3 on the Intimacy Chart: "Due to less than romantic conditions, neither Survivor is able to climax -- the woman being so disappoint, she wanders off into the darkness never to be seen again. The male survivor, also massively disappoint, gains a random Disorder and +3 Insanity."

It's the same outcome mechanically speaking as what's written in the book, but you could print out a little type-up of something like that and sticker it over the result in the rulebook, if you were that crafty.

The proposed solution can "hit close to home" for some people as well. There's just no escaping KDM's brutality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb

Anything can potentially hit too close to home for someone. But if both death during child birth and sexual dissatisfaction induced night wandering hit too close to home, there's likely to be many, many things that hit too close to home in the game.

I think Exo Desta's solution is great for OP. It removes child birth death and replaces it with something morbidly funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could kill off the male instead of the female. I'm sure there's some way to explain that in Kingdom Death
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
You could kill off the male instead of the female. I'm sure there's some way to explain that in Kingdom Death

Tragic sex error, fatal penile injury.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Olvenskol wrote:

... or the night was very dark and he went to have intimacy with the butcher instead of his girlfriend. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Olvenskol wrote:

Death by snu snu?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Olvenskol wrote:

Unless I'm crazy. Doesn't rolling a 1 cause both parties to die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernado wrote:
tumorous wrote:
Olvenskol wrote:

... or the night was very dark and he went to have intimacy with the butcher instead of his girlfriend. gulp

You know, an encounter with the Butcher can be incomparably more intimate than some fling with a floozy (who is probably a close relation anyway)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
Olvenskol wrote:

It does, kinda curious what the hell they're doing when that happens...

"I always wanted to try sex in a vat of acid!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernado wrote:
tumorous wrote:
Olvenskol wrote:

The night was dark, he put it in the wrong hole...

She got mad and killed him. surprise

This unlocks the Homicidal Philosophy that comes with the GC's Murderer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
Olvenskol wrote:

Yes, but that is quite rare under Protect the Young.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
Dark63 wrote:
Olvenskol wrote:

Yes, but that is quite rare under Protect the Young.

More precisely, it's a 1% chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
KevBelisle wrote:
Bernado wrote:
tumorous wrote:
Olvenskol wrote:

The night was dark, he put it in the wrong hole...

She got mad and killed him. surprise

This unlocks the Homicidal Philosophy that comes with the GC's Murderer.

Waaaaaay too close to home ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl McLaurine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
Olvenskol wrote:

BENEDICK I will live in your heart, die in your lap, and be buried in your eyes—and, what's more, I will go with you to your uncle's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.