Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to know what the plans are for the keyflower mini expansions so I know what to get myself this January.

I looked but did not find the statement from Richard stating that there would be no more Keyflower expansions past Keymelequin, but that they were planning to make all the existing expansions available again.

What I would like to know is if this is still going to happen as I have missed out on BGG keeper amongst others. More importantly for right now, will this include the expansions with keyples (Key Celeste and Keymelequin). If it definitely won't I will likely try and pick up Keymelequin after my birthday, if it will then I'll hold fire as I'm a lot less likely to pick up the rest of the promos if I have to pay for those two again.

Hoping to get a response from Mr. Breese as I know he frequents these parts, and I thought other people following this forum would appreciate the info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just worry about getting Keyflower: The Merchants, for the Keyflower: Key Celeste you can print it yourself. Any others that are supposed to be in the mix don't matter, especially after you add in the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
With the base, you have plenty of variety at 4.

With the Merchants, you have plenty of variety even at 6 players.

Don't forget Keyflower: Keymelequin isn't necessary either. In fact, it might take away for the tenseness of not having the color you desire.

Richard has posted that the other tiles won't be reprinted...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
Raujour wrote:
Richard has posted that the other tiles won't be reprinted...

That's not right. He wrote this back in summer 2015 but has not contradicted it since:

I do anticipate that the promos will be re-issued in some point in the future due to the demand and to satisfy the completists amongst you. But for a number of reasons this is not in going to happen in the immediate future (this year). This year's release 'Inhabit the Earth' and my proper job are both way too consuming at the moment and there is another mini-expansion 'Keymelequin' in the pipe line for 2016. My best estimate is 2017. Hopefully for now you can enjoy the game with the existing tiles and in the knowledge that ultimately you will be able to complete your collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:

That's not right. He wrote this back in summer 2015 but has not contradicted it since:

I do anticipate that the promos will be re-issued in some point in the future due to the demand and to satisfy the completists amongst you. But for a number of reasons this is not in going to happen in the immediate future (this year). This year's release 'Inhabit the Earth' and my proper job are both way too consuming at the moment and there is another mini-expansion 'Keymelequin' in the pipe line for 2016. My best estimate is 2017. Hopefully for now you can enjoy the game with the existing tiles and in the knowledge that ultimately you will be able to complete your collection.

Thank you very much for that tumorous. I did honestly look for it. I even skimmed that post, but obviously too lightly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's really sad is if he really did say no more expansions. This is my favorite game and I can still think of different types of tiles or mechanisms that could be created to further enhance the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
badge
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
mbmbmbmbmb
yatescory wrote:
What's really sad is if he really did say no more expansions. This is my favorite game and I can still think of different types of tiles or mechanisms that could be created to further enhance the game.

it's my favorite as well and yet i don't think i'd be disappointed if we never had another major expansion. the game is so good with just the two that have been released thus far. if a third major expansion came out it seems like it would be hard to include all 3 + base without creating too much scarcity.

also the release of Key to the City makes me wonder if Richard concluded that a revamp was a better option than further expansions? just speculation...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whether there will be an expansions expansion is even more relevant in light of the new kickstarter. Or is the kickstarter it? We just don't know. Would suck if was as the country is limited and it doesn't include pig shelter, as far as I can see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I've been debating about whether to even keep the Keyflower expansions at this point because there is so much value in the base game that I honestly don't consider them necessary at all. On the other hand, both are good expansions that add cool features to the Keyflower experience... and if you play often or with large groups then having the extra tiles doesn't hurt.

Promos fit the same mold: there is so much variety in the game that you really don't need them, and often wouldn't even notice if they are/aren't included. They are really only for completionists, I'd wager.
(Says the guy who worked hard to track down all the promos.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if having those expansions is really crucial? I know, there are more tiles (more tiles=more variety, which is usually good for games) but also some new mechanics and things to consider throughout the game. Don't new mechanics make this game too tight/overcombined/slow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.