Subject: IPad hangs in playing second scenario (Escape out of Insmouth) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the AI spawns in the southern street 2 a Child of Dagon, the screen freezes and I can no longer tap the next phase button.

I have to even reboot the iPad and while it saved the latest screen and I can restart with the investigator phase, each time the AI'turn is interrupted when it spawns that same Child of Dagon.

A pity since I was having great fun with this scenario. My first 2 runs of the 1 scenario were good and showed no problem in the past, but I found that scenario not so great.

Anyone else had any problems. I saw btw that just recently they had a new update in the App... and yes my latest iOS version was installed.

I think that next play I will use the Steam version on my Surface 4. I guess Windows is still more widely used by the developpers.

Great game but this is frustrating really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Millar
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Escape from Insmouth once using the app via steam on my Mac and didn't have any glitches. That's gotta be frustrating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
Total bummer. I had been using the Steam version and now am using the iPhone version. No problems so far but hearing these stories makes me worried.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE Some good news: After 3 reboots and 2 more new sightings with the investigators, the AI suddenly retook actions.

I advanced the mob which caused the freezing 4 more spaces towards the investigators as apparently that was his move and a new mob spawned in the north...

I could save and continue...

It sure kills a fabulous experience, ... I hope everything continues as of now.

Just to make sure: I love the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.