Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found out about this yesterday (thanx to MvM top 15 video).... Is there anyway to preorder a KS version of it anywhere? Usually they offer a late backer option on the KS page, but Im not seeing any wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Late backer option is over and done with. That is how I ordered my copy. I think you are going to have to wait for retail if/when they decide to do that. Unless you are willing to pay secondary market prices (which I think will be quite high for this one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Vel
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uberzone wrote:
Late backer option is over and done with. That is how I ordered my copy. I think you are going to have to wait for retail if/when they decide to do that. Unless you are willing to pay secondary market prices (which I think will be quite high for this one).

They might not be that bad actually for this one, since this is basically a one-time adventure, right? Maybe you'll play through it a second time to explore some things you've missed, but I imagine a lot of people will be getting rid of their copy after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes there might be a second hand market in a couple of years time but if you want a copy that is untouched and in a new condition...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
petervel wrote:
uberzone wrote:

They might not be that bad actually for this one, since this is basically a one-time adventure, right? Maybe you'll play through it a second time to explore some things you've missed, but I imagine a lot of people will be getting rid of their copy after that.

With several expansions and several different curses, this has a lot more re-playability than a single play through. I think the far more relevant factor as to whether this game is available cheaply in the secondary market is simply the quality of play. If the game is good, I expect prices to stay very high and the supply to stay low for a long time to come. If it turns out to be mediocre, then the marketplace will start to fill up quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rnickster86 wrote:
if you want a copy that is untouched and in a new condition...

In other words, never underestimate the psychological compulsions of board gamers or how much they will pay to meet them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zane Alan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Not knowing if it'll hit retail or not is a huge bummer, in my opinion. I second that opinion above me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wouldn't worry. I expect there'll be second hand copies available after a year or so, when the scenarios have all been played through. If it stays limited edition, it may cost the same as new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience has been that games that do not make standard retail distribution are often available directly from the publisher, provided they have extras after shipping out to backers and preorders. But you should expect to pay through the nose for shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zane Alan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I just want to be able to pick it up. I understand the benefits of Kickstarter and such -- but it feels bad to stumble onto a game late that looks like it'd be a great fit for your group and not be able to obtain it somehow for a reasonable-ish price (and to give an example of unreasonable -- paying $200 + $20 shipping for a $50 game because it's in-between print runs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
petervel wrote:
uberzone wrote:

Definitely not just a one time adventure this has a lot of replay value and with the expansions too, and different options and decisions and routes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bechard
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonFly90 wrote:

Definitely not just a one time adventure this has a lot of replay value and with the expansions too, and different options and decisions and routes.

On what are you basing this statement? I'm genuinely curious, because I watched the Rhado video and am in the same position as the original poster, but the nature of the game seems to me to be clearly a single-adventure type experience (albeit a long one). Each card has the same hidden information/events on it, no matter which playthrough you're on, right? I think even the campaign described it as a 20-25 hour adventure, did they not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gogmagog wrote:
DragonFly90 wrote:

On what are you basing this statement? I'm genuinely curious, because I watched the Rhado video and am in the same position as the original poster, but the nature of the game seems to me to be clearly a single-adventure type experience (albeit a long one). Each card has the same hidden information/events on it, no matter which playthrough you're on, right? I think even the campaign described it as a 20-25 hour adventure, did they not?
Well the print and play prologue was about 20 cards and had something like 4 different endings. My understanding is that the real game will have branching paths as well and decisions that have long term effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bennett
msg tools
gogmagog wrote:

The map is always basically the same, but it can still vary somewhat on different plays. There can be multiple cards for a given map tile, so maybe you won't find a resource where you found one last time, or there will always be a cave in a certain spot, but what you will find in the cave varies. Because you can have multiple cards with the same number, even if you know how the map is laid out, you won't always know what you will get there. From what we've seen so far, you can find different notebook pages that will allow you to interact with different things on the map on each play through. Different items can be found from the same place. Different curses will hopefully require different approaches and require you to go to different places on the continent.

While overall the layout of the continent is the same each time, I think they've done as much as they can to make it replayable. I guess I'll find out how replayable I actually find it when it gets here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I.M. Jeremic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if they cannot put the game out let another company do it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.