Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Lunarchitects» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Solo Game of Lunarchitects with the Scarcity End Game Scoring Condition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been logging some solo plays but wanted to start adding some sessions with pictures... so, here it goes.

Second solo game with "Scarcity" end scoring (8 points each for 0 rockets/0 crystals/0 red tiles). Playing as the green player starting with one astronaut, one crystal, and one point, I decided to focus on getting 16 points at the end of the game for having zero rockets and zero crystals by using any gained to purchase Museums (with crystals) and Panaceas (with rockets) later.

First lap, picked up seven tiles that included two red tiles with one rocket, three resource tiles (food, water, air), an Exporter (+3 points for food), and a new Quarters. First lap score, 19 (+4 from lap scoring, +8 from Industry Quarters +6 from Exporter).

Second lap, added three tiles (+3 Museum, +5 Launcher, and Backer Quarters (red)). Second lap score, 33 (+6 from lap scoring).

Third lap, I forgot to photograph this lap but I believe I gained four tiles this round including one red tile and the Panacea (any two resources with no limit). Unknown scoring for this lap.

Fourth lap, I took only two tiles but they were big; the +14 Launcher and the Robotic Energizer (red) that activated five tiles. Fourth lap scoring, +82 (+5 from lap scoring).

End game scoring added +16 since I was able to spend my crystals and rockets acquiring tiles (subtotal 98).

Taxes on 17 tiles was -68.

Final score 30 points for the win which is better than my previous score of 19.

This end game condition requires some knowledge of the available tiles late in the game and planning on how to maximize your lap scoring. I did end up buying most of the resources from the market to pay for some of my tiles. I will try this scenario again to see if I can't improve my score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ross Spurgeon
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoying the solo game myself. I played this end-game scoring tile differently - I ignored it (and scored 8pts for the lack of crystals despite myself). Final score 46pts. 25 tiles. Seems I cannot get under 24 tiles in any solo game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spurge wrote:
Enjoying the solo game myself. I played this end-game scoring tile differently - I ignored it (and scored 8pts for the lack of crystals despite myself). Final score 46pts. 25 tiles. Seems I cannot get under 24 tiles in any solo game.

Wow, that's an impressive score after paying taxes on 25 tiles. Maybe I'll try your strategy next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.