Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
38 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: ridding myself of KS and MCG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaming should not be stressful,... Just let it go.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
Gaming should not be stressful,... Just let it go.


Sounds like he is doing.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a generous offer - for sure. Hopefully someone in the greater Chattanoga, TN sees the posting and takes you up on it. Is this also something you could put in the GeekBay area or would you need to actually sell it? I'm guessing you'd get more visibility there if you put it up for $1.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I've seen Geekbay titles with "pickup only" or "local pickup" in the header. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I'm pretty confident if you say it's free (or $1) someone is going to show up 15 minutes later and grab it all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
... ...
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wrote you a pm and would be very interested.

I've been looking for a way into myth for awhile and would be happy for this opportunity if you would be willing to ship it to Germany.
I have PayPal

Best Regards
Nikolas
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear that but I understand. I bought my Mercs and Myth stuff from eBay so I never experienced the KS angst. But I have backed a few things now so I might in the future.

I keep asking myself if Myth could be a game with wider appeal if the on-ramp to learning the game was less steep and I honestly don't know. I guess based on your post and others that there is also a fatigue associated with unfulfilled promises. I don't know yet if that is just how things are on KS or not.

Good luck with your future gaming.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
js379 wrote:
Exactly. I'm not sure what I could possibly doing more to try to "let it go". I'm getting away from their forums and trying to get rid of the materials... I just would rather give them to someone who would want them than start a dumpster fire with them. Responses like this really make me think I should delete my BGG account as well since this is how most people on here behave.


Sorry if my comment came across wrong. I was sincerely agreeing with your position. If it causes stress, then walking away is the best thing to do. I was not discounting how you felt at all.

I wish you all the best. Don't leave BGG,... just don't stress yourself over these particular games. Unsubscribe from the Myth forum and breath easy,.... lots of great games out there to play and read about!
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Nikolas88 wrote:
I just wrote you a pm and would be very interested.

I've been looking for a way into myth for awhile and would be happy for this opportunity if you would be willing to ship it to Germany.
I have PayPal

Best Regards
Nikolas


Jason was very explicit about not wanting to waste time shipping the game.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
js379 wrote:
Exactly. I'm not sure what I could possibly doing more to try to "let it go". I'm getting away from their forums and trying to get rid of the materials... I just would rather give them to someone who would want them than start a dumpster fire with them. Responses like this really make me think I should delete my BGG account as well since this is how most people on here behave.


Sorry if my comment came across wrong. I was sincerely agreeing with your position. If it causes stress, then walking away is the best thing to do. I was not discounting how you felt at all.

I wish you all the best. Don't leave BGG,... just don't stress yourself over these particular games. Unsubscribe from the Myth forum and breath easy,.... lots of great games out there to play and read about!


Jason - I have mixed emotions reading this. You've been a community Myth champion for quite some time. This is especially true on KS comments where McG infrequently visits outside of when they are asking for money. You've been harshly treated by many (including McG themselves), yet always seemed to have the community's best interest in mind. I have enjoyed having you around.

I'll echo the sentiment of punting all things McG, but not BGG. Hopefully you'll reconsider leaving BGG, or at least just make it a short hiatus.

Someone will definitely pickup that McG collection of yours. Being willing to step away, yet give someone the opportunity to grab for free says a great deal about your mental state regarding McG and also your high regard for the BGG community.

Best of luck! Hope to see you around "the geek"!! cool
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dangs the luck...Wish I lived in TN. Sorry it has not worked out but your doing the right thing. As stated above, gaming should not be stressful and if it is, you should get rid of what is stressful. Best of luck in your efforts and have fun gaming.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Beckler
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
js379 wrote:
I've deleted my Kickstarter account and I am looking to give away my Recon and Myth collections. MCG and their games are nothing but a source of stress and agitation for me. Message me here if you are interested in picking up the games in Chattanoga, TN. That's the only caveat; I am not wasting even another second of my life with shipping this junk.


Do you have a local game store near you? If so, they may purchase off of you and sell in their store as "used". A couple of the ones I have around me (Illinois) often buy up and resell. You'd have to haul it all one last time, but while you are there, you may find a game more enjoyable.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You will be missed. Always very active on the forums and the kickstarter.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Hey Jason! Sucks to see you go, but I get, why you do it, believe me. Kudos for making that decision.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Westchester
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
Sorry to hear that but I understand. I bought my Mercs and Myth stuff from eBay so I never experienced the KS angst. But I have backed a few things now so I might in the future.

I keep asking myself if Myth could be a game with wider appeal if the on-ramp to learning the game was less steep and I honestly don't know. I guess based on your post and others that there is also a fatigue associated with unfulfilled promises. I don't know yet if that is just how things are on KS or not.

Good luck with your future gaming.


It's not any different than any other KS out there. People just like to cry and bitch
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Chase
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
Sorry to hear that your negative experience reached this point. I hope you get closure and find a stress free outlet to fill your free time!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
js379 wrote:
SilentSniperx88 wrote:
carbon_dragon wrote:
Sorry to hear that but I understand. I bought my Mercs and Myth stuff from eBay so I never experienced the KS angst. But I have backed a few things now so I might in the future.

I keep asking myself if Myth could be a game with wider appeal if the on-ramp to learning the game was less steep and I honestly don't know. I guess based on your post and others that there is also a fatigue associated with unfulfilled promises. I don't know yet if that is just how things are on KS or not.

Good luck with your future gaming.


It's not any different than any other KS out there. People just like to cry and bitch


Yep, definitely going to need to delete my BGG account once I can find a taker for the games. I'm so tired of the toxicity here.


Again, I can understand that since I stopped reading one author because of the way her fans interacted on their forum. But the truth is that if you like gaming, maybe it might be better to just give it a rest for a while.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
js379 wrote:
SilentSniperx88 wrote:
carbon_dragon wrote:
Sorry to hear that but I understand. I bought my Mercs and Myth stuff from eBay so I never experienced the KS angst. But I have backed a few things now so I might in the future.

I keep asking myself if Myth could be a game with wider appeal if the on-ramp to learning the game was less steep and I honestly don't know. I guess based on your post and others that there is also a fatigue associated with unfulfilled promises. I don't know yet if that is just how things are on KS or not.

Good luck with your future gaming.


It's not any different than any other KS out there. People just like to cry and bitch


Yep, definitely going to need to delete my BGG account once I can find a taker for the games. I'm so tired of the toxicity here.



hmm i guess better to delete your internet then :-)

can you explain why you are so upset? we just received the JM expansions, was anything wrong?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Jason - what are you going to do with JM wave3/4/5/6 .... ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Ruiz
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
When i saw that the tutorial was onlt 50% done, i thought, "Well thats not going to go over well."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
cereal wrote:
When i saw that the tutorial was onlt 50% done, i thought, "Well thats not going to go over well."


I'm sure they'll be quick to point out that 50% of the formatting is left, not the actual creation of the document itself. BUT, I've simply grown numb to any type of commitment that comes from these guys. This is yet another example of how poorly they estimate completion of tasks. shake
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well said, Jason.

I honestly don't blame you. You tried hard and nobody cared, least of all MCG.

I'm surprised you didn't throw in the towel years ago.

I'm going to wait until we see the rest of Journeyman - unless MCG decide it's 'done' with the box sets and we never see the stretch goals and add-ons.

Then I'll see if I can houserule it enough to make a solo game I could enjoy (my friends refuse to play it and think me foolish for persisting) or just sell it in bulk to someone who might enjoy it.

For it's worth you won't be the last - MCG's horrible attitude to their fanbase will drive away plenty more fans until this weird journey is done.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I play a few games solo - Brimstone and Arkham in particular make for a good experience. The card play of Myth really makes for a poor solo game but I might house-rule it enough to make it worthwhile.

In any case, Jason, I wish you the best but I'm sorry you're leaving. You were a painfully honest advocate and voice of reason. That your voice was often angry is a reflection on MCG, not on you.

Marcus
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus the Ready wrote:
I play a few games solo - Brimstone and Arkham in particular make for a good experience. The card play of Myth really makes for a poor solo game but I might house-rule it enough to make it worthwhile.

In any case, Jason, I wish you the best but I'm sorry you're leaving. You were a painfully honest advocate and voice of reason. That your voice was often angry is a reflection on MCG, not on you.

Marcus


I think Myth card play is fine for solo play. What is it about the cards you think doesn't work for solo?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Marcus the Ready wrote:
The card play of Myth really makes for a poor solo game

One person's trash is another person's treasure! The card play is part of what I love about the solo game. I really enjoy having all the heroes' cards in front of me and solving the "puzzle" by figuring out the best combination from what's available.
3 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.