Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a backer for the Onslaught campaign, and have the base health tracker from that set, which uses two spinning dials to track the health of the base. I also backed the Dreadmire campaign, the core set of which includes a thin cardboard sheet (and two blue tokens) to track the health of the base.

I much prefer the dials of the original, but I'm hesitant to throw out the Dreadmire sheet because it has printed text indicating various "DEFCON" levels. I'm unclear if it's just for flavor, or if it interacts with certain new Dreadmire game mechanisms. If the latter, I will keep it; if the former, I'll throw it out and use my dials.

Anyone have insight into this? I could go through all the Dreadmire cards to find this out, but I'm hoping someone might know the answer already and save me (and future readers) the trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lionel
Spain
Alicante
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just for flavor, there is no DEFCON mechanic in the game. We are at DEFCON 1 all the time anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bey
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally didn't like the Onslaught base dial. It was almost impossible to read unless it was right in front of you, and one little bump (or even just lifting it to change the number) meant the dial would easily shift out of place... making one question what the dial was supposed to be set at.

The new base health tracker is easy to read from anywhere on the table and looks a lot better. Would have been icing on the cake if it had also been a nice neoprene mat, but let's not be too greedy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Jackson
Australia
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Snotwalker wrote:
Would have been icing on the cake if it had also been a nice neoprene mat, but let's not be too greedy.

Hold up, you're going around eating cake with no icing? Outrageous!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.