Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Tiny Epic Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Small Question about Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pan_K
Poland
Wroclaw
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

on page 7, section 'Hero Movement' there is a bolded text: 'A hero cannot be moved to a region on the same map.' The sense is, as I understand it, that a hero can't move within one Map Card. Am I right? Wouldn't it be better to write 'on the same Map Card'?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at that section it says...

"When a hero moves, they must always move to a different Map Card. A hero cannot be moved to a region on the same map."

And I agree, it should be changed to Map Card (unless it means something else).
In fact that whole bolded sentence could be removed, it's just restating the first sentence.

Also, this rule has denied me a quest several times
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pan_K
Poland
Wroclaw
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Braffe wrote:
Looking at that section it says...

"When a hero moves, they must always move to a different Map Card. A hero cannot be moved to a region on the same map."

And I agree, it should be changed to Map Card (unless it means something else).
In fact that whole bolded sentence could be removed, it's just restating the first sentence.


Well, what can be said once, can be said twice as well The point is, that it should be said in a precise way

Thanks for the answer.

Quote:
Also, this rule has denied me a quest several times


It would be boring if it was too easy


Next question of mine: p. 8, 'Moving Past Aggresive Goblins', sentence: 'you must spend 1 Power (...) for each SUCH Map Card that your hero moves through.' Wouldn't be better to write '(...) for EACH such Card Map (...)' instead of emphasizing 'SUCH'? The intention was, as I understand it, to say, that each Map Card with an aggresive goblin needs 1 Power to pass it, so that passing for expample two CM would cost 2 Power.

EDIT: I also understand, that if I end my move on the Goblin Portal with an aggresive goblin, I do not have to spend power for the Map Card, on which I end my move. Nevertheless, I have to spend Power for any other CM with aggresive goblin I have passed on my way?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Another part of Goblins is that the first person to pay to pass an Aggressive Goblin Passives it. Don't remember if that is clear in the rule book or something the guys demoing it made up.

Edit: After looking at the rule book again it was something they made up (but maybe it will make it into the final version).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pan_K
Poland
Wroclaw
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is clear in rulebook, that Goblins become passive after my movement.

BTW My edited question above has clear answer, also. Namely on the picture that shows example on the same page (no 8.)

EDIT: On the same page, in 'Idling' section, there is a needles 'the' in the sentence: 'In addition, if the you have at least 1 hero in a Castle you may gain 1 Health OR 1 Power.' (Or my English too poor, to understand it ).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
erem wrote:
Quote:
Also, this rule has denied me a quest several times
It would be boring if it was too easy


Haha, yes I agree, I never intended that to sound like I disapproved. I remember many times where I was seeing a quest I could get if I was just on the other half of the card...and being so close I was actually very far from getting it

Quote:
Next question of mine: p. 8, 'Moving Past Aggresive Goblins', sentence: 'you must spend 1 Power (...) for each SUCH Map Card that your hero moves through.' Wouldn't be better to write '(...) for EACH such Card Map (...)' instead of emphasizing 'SUCH'? The intention was, as I understand it, to say, that each Map Card with an aggresive goblin needs 1 Power to pass it, so that passing for expample two CM would cost 2 Power.

EDIT: I also understand, that if I end my move on the Goblin Portal with an aggresive goblin, I do not have to spend power for the Map Card, on which I end my move. Nevertheless, I have to spend Power for any other CM with aggresive goblin I have passed on my way?


The first part, SUCH vs EACH, someone commented the same thing during edits, so it'll likely be fixed in the final edition.

The second part looks correct to me!

delewobmesid wrote:
Another part of Goblins is that the first person to pay to pass an Aggressive Goblin Passives it. Don't remember if that is clear in the rule book or something the guys demoing it made up.

Edit: After looking at the rule book again it was something they made up (but maybe it will make it into the final version).


On the same page Pan mentioned with the image showing this it's also written in the rules part "... for each SUCH Map Card that your hero moves through. Then flip that Goblin Token to its green passive
side
" (the bold/passive is accurate to the book, not something I added)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So it says if you move THROUGH the map card. If you land on the map card, on the grotto side you don't pay the -1 and the goblin stays aggressive, correct? It says "not your start or destination".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Do not pay for the goblin if you end on the Map Card (regardless of region) of an aggressive goblin.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KingJackalope wrote:
So it says if you move THROUGH the map card. If you land on the map card, on the grotto side you don't pay the -1 and the goblin stays aggressive, correct? It says "not your start or destination".


The Goblin flips to passive, according to the current version of the rules "If you end your movement at a Portal with an aggressive Goblin (red), flip it to its passive side (green) without spending ▼ (power)"

I notice my quote above was about moving through them, but it looks like it's both moving through or landing on. If a goblin sees an elf in his area (whether moving through or staying) he gets all friendly like.
...and then tries to stabs you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just curious about if you landed on the Grotto side. If Goblin stayed aggressive and you don't pay. Which seems to be the case.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KingJackalope wrote:
I was just curious about if you landed on the Grotto side. If Goblin stayed aggressive and you don't pay. Which seems to be the case.


This is correct. The Grotto side functions differently than the Portal side. You have to pay to pass, but not if you land on the Map Card. If you go to the Portal side the Goblin flips over to Passive (the side that tracks its health). If you go to the Grotto, it remains Aggressive.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KingJackalope wrote:
I was just curious about if you landed on the Grotto side. If Goblin stayed aggressive and you don't pay. Which seems to be the case.


Whoops! I'm sorry, I answered your question wrong before. My part is correct, just isn't what you were asking.

It seems a bit finicky with these rules though.
1) Pass a goblin, pay power, flip to passive
2) Land near a goblin, don't pay power, don't flip to passive
3) Land on a goblin, don't pay power, flip to passive
That's a lot to remember.

Thematically I don't see why passing him (1) or landing on him (3) would pacify him, but doing something in the middle, being near him (2) would leave him aggressive.

I don't find Grottos as being entirely useful. If being at one pacified a goblin it would open up more strategy for clearing a path.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pan_K
Poland
Wroclaw
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Braffe wrote:

1) Pass a goblin, pay power, flip to passive
2) Land near a goblin, don't pay power, don't flip to passive
3) Land on a goblin, don't pay power, flip to passive

That's interesting. I did not notice it while reading the rulebook.

I have one more queation: this time concerning Treasure Quests (p. 11).
There is a sentence I don't understand:
Quote:
During either the Day or Night Phase, if your hero is the first to reach the Temple's treasure room during the Day, then immediately gain the Treasure Item, slide the card underneath your Player Card under "Completed Quests," and return your exploring hero to your Castle

I've bolded the fragment the sense of which I don't get. Wouldn't it be enough to say: "If your hero is the first..." and so on?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Wack
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Braffe wrote:
Thematically I don't see why passing him (1) or landing on him (3) would pacify him, but doing something in the middle, being near him (2) would leave him aggressive.


I think the rationale behind this is that a Goblin is calmed down if you do take action to ensure it. In case (1) you spend power, in case (3) you commit to fighting him if your hero doesn't move again before nightfall.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
erem wrote:
Quote:
During either the Day or Night Phase, if your hero is the first to reach the Temple's treasure room during the Day, then immediately gain the Treasure Item, slide the card underneath your Player Card under "Completed Quests," and return your exploring hero to your Castle

I've bolded the fragment the sense of which I don't get. Wouldn't it be enough to say: "If your hero is the first..." and so on?


This has been rewritten in the v2 rulebook:

Quote:
Treasure Quests
To complete a Treasure Quest, you must complete the Temple listed on the Quest Card (see Exploring Temples, pg. 15). You can complete a Treasure Quest during either the Day or Night Phase.

To complete a Treasure Quest during the Day Phase, your Hero must be the first Hero to reach the last space on the Temple Track. You would then resolve it immediately by gaining the Treasure Item, taking the Quest Card and sliding it underneath your Player Card under "Completed Quests," and returning your Hero to your Castle.

To complete a Treasure Quest during the Night Phase, you must be the first player to Rest (see Night Phase, pg. 12), with a Hero on the last space of the Temple Track.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pan_K
Poland
Wroclaw
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
thanks for the answer.

Braffe wrote:

This has been rewritten in the v2 rulebook:


Now I'm confused. Is this version published anywhere on the web?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
erem wrote:
Hi,
thanks for the answer.

Braffe wrote:

This has been rewritten in the v2 rulebook:


Now I'm confused. Is this version published anywhere on the web?


If you are a backer, go to the ks page and you can find it there. If you're not a backer I don't believe we are suppose to share it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KingJackalope wrote:
If you are a backer, go to the ks page and you can find it there. If you're not a backer I don't believe we are suppose to share it.


I was hesitant to share the updated rules info. But I checked KS (and dropbox) while logged out of both and I was able to load up the rules just fine. I imagine they would have been posted in a backers only update if it wasn't meant to be seen by the general public.

(If I'm wrong let me know, and sorry)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh ok, I thought the KS updates could only be seen by backers. I thought I saw these things were not suppose to be shared but I could be 100% wrong on that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pan_K
Poland
Wroclaw
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OK - I know everything already:
I am a baker, and I got the full 1st version of rulebook in update no 10.
But I haven't read comments, and thus overlooked the post with link to v.2. Therefore I was confused, since I was trying to download the rulebook again (clicking on the big picture in the update) and it still was v.1.
BTW maybe they should have linked v.2. by the big picture? Or even make new update?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pan_K
Poland
Wroclaw
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi again.
(Sorry for double post )
I have three more small questions concerning rulebook:

On p. 11 (section Equipping Heroes) it stays:
Quote:
If you gain an Item but none of your Heroes have an open
"hand", keep the Item near your Player Card, you may exchange it freely with your
Heroes on your Castle. Then gain the completed Treasure Quest Card, if applicable
.

I have bolded the text, that may suggest, one should take QC after exchanging Items. Which is nonsense, isn't it? The proper sense is, that after gaining Item you should take QC. This is pretty obvious, but I prepare unofficial polish translation and want to have it clear...

p. 20 (GloomFall Variant; Gameplay) "Maps Caps": should be "Maps Cards" of course?

On p. 24 (Adventure Dice Symbols) it is an "Energy" instead of "Power" as in the whole rulebook. Should be "Power"?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Braffe wrote:

1) Pass a goblin, pay power, flip to passive
2) Land near a goblin, don't pay power, don't flip to passive
3) Land on a goblin, don't pay power, flip to passive


Can add...

4) Land near him, do not pay power, don't flip to passive. Move away on later turn, possibly passing, still don't pay and don't flip.

Lol
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hollon
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
And if the portal is on the left and the grotto on the right and you land on the grotto, the goblin stays red. What if you them move out right and never actually passing the portal, would you have to pay the power?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shollon9418s wrote:
And if the portal is on the left and the grotto on the right and you land on the grotto, the goblin stays red. What if you them move out right and never actually passing the portal, would you have to pay the power?


Portal is always on left.

If your starting or ending tile is the goblin you do not pay. You do not flip to passive unless you land on the portal side.

If you move a Itemeeple to the grotto you do not pay the power. You do not flip to passive. Next turn you move off (either way) you do not flip to passive and you do not pay. I guess it would be like sneaking by since it took two turns you were careful not to make him "passive".

Is it me or does it seem like those terms should have been reversed? or passive should have been "engaged" or something? seems funny to kill as passive goblin. its like "oh look... that goblin... hes so... passive. LETS MURDER IT!"

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.