Kanagawa» Forums » Rules

Subject: End of the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vikas Munipalle
India
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When a player paints the 11th card to his print this triggers the end of the game according to the rules. Do the remaining players get a turn to take cards and finish? Or does it go to scoring immediately even though there are other players still left to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Acetylene
France
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, don't worry, the remaining players can finish their turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vikas Munipalle
India
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you! It isn't mentioned clearly in the rulebook so wanted to clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vikas_m wrote:
Thank you! It isn't mentioned clearly in the rulebook so wanted to clarify.

It is clear, just not written in the way I think we're used to seeing it:

On page 14 of the rules it says one of the game end conditions is "At the end of a complete round when one or more players have at least 11 cards in their Print."

It specifies in there that the 11 card trigger only happens at the end of a complete round.

I only found it because I went back looking for it though. I'm used to seeing something to the effect of the 11th card triggering a final round, then it specifying that all players finish the round. Instead they were rolled into one.

Hope that helps, I know I always like a rules reference in case somebody is wondering at the game table and wants some proof.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vikas Munipalle
India
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you! I seemed to have missed the "at the end of a complete round" bit hehe. I ought to read more carefully. That makes it clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely missed it two on my first read through. I finished reading that sentence, and immediately in my head I asked "But wait, do we finish the round?" and when I got to the end of that section I went back and found it on my second pass.

It's worded plainly, but if you're in a hurry it's easy to miss it...and usually when you're in the middle of a rules question you're always in a hurry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.