Hide
9 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: So, Inverted Mountain is basically the sequel to KDM? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike B.
msg tools
I was thinking: since the IMC will probably only include new Monsters and thus will be a completely new experience (within the core KDM mechanic of course), this is kinda like a full Sequel to the first KDM. One that Needs the core game, but also one that you can Combine in many ways with the core game. And if you look at the Price, I think it's 395$ to get everything you Need for this - that's the MSRP for the core game.

So for anyone that wants a true Sequel and already has the base game, this is it. It also includes one other full alternative campaign with the Gryphon and a couple of short ones.

I really think Poots should offer an add on that collects everything needed for the IMC - maybe even add a Little Discount to make it more appealing. Right now I could imagine many People being turned of by having to buy so many different expansions to get this - but as a bündle for a "whole new game" I could see plenty of People jumping on board...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greasy Reese
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, this sounds awesome.

The People of the Mountain ($395)
Note: You will need the core game in addition to these listed expansions!

People of the Mountain Type KS Price MSRP

Nightmare Ram New Exp $ 40 $ 80
Frogdog New Exp $ 50 $ 90
Oblivion Mosquito New Exp $ 50 $ 90
Pariah New Exp $ 40 $ 70
Gryphon New Exp $ 75 $ 150
Black Knight New Exp $ 50 $ 75
Red Witches New Exp $ 40 $ 70
Inverted Mountain New Exp $ 50 $ 80
Total $ 395 $ 705

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
He was clear on the kickstarter that he won't offer a bundle.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-mon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B.
msg tools
Coiote wrote:
He was clear on the kickstarter that he wouldn't offer a bundle.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-mon...

That's a mistake. Imagine someone forgetting to buy one of These expansions, and then it is out of print for example. Or just to entice more People to buy it. It's 8 new Monsters (like in the core game), 2 new full campaigns, a couple of short campaigns - that could have been the whole Kickstarter. A bündle would make this a lot clearer to People and way easier to get (when they don't have to figure out what to get and what not).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
Likemike wrote:
Imagine someone forgetting to buy one of These expansions, and then it is out of print for example.

If someone is going to spend a few hundred dollars without reading carefully what they're getting, I expect that they won't mind throwing another hundred to pay ebay prices for the expansion they forgot to add.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Likemike wrote:
Imagine someone forgetting to buy one of These expansions, and then it is out of print for example.

If someone is going to spend a few hundred dollars without reading carefully what they're getting, I expect that they won't mind throwing another hundred to pay ebay prices for the expansion they forgot to add.

In general yes, but I suspect with new add-ons coming even on the last day a lot of people are going to have trouble figuring out exactly what they want. There will be over 30 add-ons and maybe not even a node breakdown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huger wrote:
tumorous wrote:
Likemike wrote:

In general yes, but I suspect with new add-ons coming even on the last day a lot of people are going to have trouble figuring out exactly what they want. There will be over 30 add-ons and maybe not even a node breakdown.

That's nothing new to KS and you've described every bloody KS I've had with a la cart bonanzas. Only saving grace there is CMON and others have been getting much better on the post campaign pledge manager that I've stopped bothering to go above base pledge. If it wasn't for all in tiers life would be really terrible. Cthulhu Wars springs to mind as one that comes close to this many add-ons, I still have a slew of GOOs that I haven't even taken out of shrink.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the larger issue OP brought up that wasnt addressed is if/when one of the required expansions becomes more popular than the others and it becomes difficult and/or very expensive to get a hold of. I'm not in love with the idea of a bunch of expansions that require each other to work but are sold separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordCyler wrote:
I think the larger issue OP brought up that wasnt addressed is if/when one of the required expansions becomes more popular than the others and it becomes difficult and/or very expensive to get a hold of. I'm not in love with the idea of a bunch of expansions that require each other to work but are sold separately.

...and heavens forbid one or more expansions go the way of the Lantern Festival and the whole dependency/chaining idea collapses because it doesn't meet the creator's standards... or has become too unprofitable to produce, this is the gamble of KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.