David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please share.

In our group, we have a survivor with 4 base strength (plus 1 base accuracy, and 1 base evasion), Leyline Walker, Fist & Tooth Specialization, Immortal Disorder, Monster Claw Style Fighting Art, Berzerker Fighting Art, and Legendary Lungs SFA. He goes in naked, armed only with a shield and a Butcher's Cleaver, spends a couple activations at the beginning of the Showdown pounding his head on the ground, and becomes nearly unstoppable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For just plain raw stats, I think, 7 acc, 12 str, 2 ev, 2 sp, ageless was about as silly as it got.

For silly craziness, a blinded immortal which, at the end of the campaign had around 130 insanity, plus leyline walker (+1 ev for good measure) and an xmaxe for fun. He was some serious nemesis material- could soak just about anything, plus he carried around acanthus and the like as insurance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panwuan Panwuan
msg tools
mbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
For just plain raw stats, I think, 7 acc, 12 str, 2 ev, 2 sp, ageless was about as silly as it got.

For silly craziness, a blinded immortal which, at the end of the campaign had around 130 insanity, plus leyline walker (+1 ev for good measure) and an xmaxe for fun. He was some serious nemesis material- could soak just about anything, plus he carried around acanthus and the like as insurance.

Thats how butchers and first heros are created hahahah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion Free
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeez, was that first one in the Sunstalker Campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the cards here, but I once got the death mask (I think that's the name? It was the one that gives you a ton of extra luck but heavy penalties on severe injury rolls) on a survivor who already had +1 luck naturally (+1 from equipment), an FA that allowed him to ignore the first SI roll and some pretty decent equipment for his LY (which was.... I think LY 4 or 5, so incredibly early for a mask). Dude became the most closely hoarded treasure of the settlement, sent out to murderize anything that had crit HLs.

I also gave him some kind of noisy gear at some point (I don't exactly remember which one).

Feel free to fill in the blanks. Yes. That hunt event.

I'm never going to resolve a 10 hunt event as written again, fuck that noise (ha.)

Edit: And for the record, I've gotten that particular event more than ANY other, there are a couple I've got multiple times in TOTAL, but that fucking 10 is something I've gotten multiple times in EVERY campaign I've played, it defies explanation, the harvester apparently thinks I'm his mother or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric-June Hornby
msg tools
ive made a fairly absurd survivor in a people of the bloom campaign who has been around since a previous settlement (thank you fog) and "reincarnated" over and over and over using the flower.

shes got something like 9acc 22str 9eva 4luck, 7speed. shes ridiculously powerful and easily solos any lv3 and probably most legendaries. she kills most legendaries in a single turn, actually, so long as her blue charm activates successfully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a People of the Stars character who's quite powerful if you include her gear.

Keep in mind that the campaign she occurred in is made slightly easier by two variant rules I play. I place each Settlement Event I draw into a discard pile and only mix the discard pile into my potential draws again once I've drawn and played every event. I also play that Secret Fighting Arts can only be replaced by other Secret Fighting Arts in order to make them feel more special.

Spoilers because I describe all of the things:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

I've got a character called [Noble Reincarnated] Repentia (Dingle Savior of the Lantern). Repentia is a survivor born about halfway through my first of four People of the Stars campaigns. She was pretty unassuming at first, but started to become quite powerful when she managed to luck into getting that red gem you can get by spelunking after fighting the Dung Beetle Knight. This item was quite nice, but I only discovered its true power when, near the end of my first PotS campaign I drew the mists event. I didn't feel prepared for the end boss of the game, but I failed to roll the new game +. I decided to reroll using my gem and got the new game + and a light went off in my head: the gem, combined with my high likelihood of drawing mists at some point in my campaigns, meant that I could new game + fairly easily and, in so doing, enable myself to slowly piece together the Green Knight armor set.

Three new game + events, two deaths and resurrections via Virus Flowers (Flower Knight is seriously too powerful), and a bizarre constellation/strange spot exploration disaster resulting in a male clone later, and Repentia is sitting pretty on the following:

Stats: Move 6; Accuracy 2; Strength 6; Evasion 3; Luck 1; Speed 1
Insanity: 10
Gear: God Mask, Monster Grease, Xmaxe, and all Green Knight Armor pieces outside of the head (I'm one hunt away, though!)
Courage and Understanding: Both Maxed.
Weapon Proficiencies: Sword and Shield Mastery; Club Specialization
Fighting Arts: Fencing, Swordsman's Promise, and Black Guard Style
Disorders: Ghostly Beauty, Prey, and Weak Spot: foot.
Abilities and Impairments: Blind, Sculptor Constellation, Ageless, Sweet Death.

Once I get her head piece, Repentia will be sitting pretty on huge amounts of armor, the ability to attack 5 times with a weapon that has both savage and Devastating 2, luck 2 + deadly meaning she crits regular beasties on 7s (lower against parry locations), effective evasion 6 + 2 free blocks after each successful attack, and free surges + free survival every activation as long as she's insane.

I've got a lonely fruit and am considering trying to go after the Dreaming Fruit to see if I can get her one of the savior abilities, but I'm worried a lvl 3 tree will just bleed her to death regardless of all her power. Regardless, once I have her armor complete, I'll be permanently recording her and her gear loadout (along with her eventual cause of death) to commemorate the ridiculous circumstances that led to her rise to power and the narrative that emerged because of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italic Font
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on a third set of Green Armor (all in the same campaign - just multiple timelines) right now. Does that count?

Otherwise it's stuff like the usual Ageless Green Savior with Acanthus Doctor (20+ armor in all locations), the Immortal 1000+ Insanity survivor with a Gloom Katana (he's not allowed anywhere near the Slender Man ever) or the Fist and Tooth, Destiny Cloak (Cursed item from DK event that makes you insane) Gloom Man who is virtually unkillable.

Other survivors tend to be powered by builds, just things like Gloom Hammer tank, Shadow Saliva Shaw Vespertine or most recently the Inky Slasher.

Oh and I supposed I should mention the guy who solo'd the L1 and L2 Lion Gods deserves a mention, but he wasn't really special statswise - it's just that the Lion God don't like Evasion.

erichermit wrote:
shes got something like 9acc 22str 9eva 4luck, 7speed. shes ridiculously powerful and easily solos any lv3 and probably most legendaries. she kills most legendaries in a single turn, actually, so long as her blue charm activates successfully.

Can you explain how? Cause I'm not seeing enough speed to kill most legendaries in a single turn, certainly not the Phoenix or the Old Master -- Blue Charm does not stop the Old Master Burrowing you out of existence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Jester
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DavidT wrote:
...spends a couple activations at the beginning of the Showdown pounding his head on the ground, and becomes nearly unstoppable.

If this is Frenzy from Berserker remember once you Frenzy you can't use fighting arts unless you have another ability to say so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Buffing
Netherlands
Almere
Flevoland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much of the power comes from promos? (like the xmaxe?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
The two best I managed to make were:

Bowmaster with death mask (from mask salesman), vespertine bow, sleeping flowe, luck charm, +1 luck from principle graves, +1 luck from sexy thong. I think she was critting on 3+. Just broke the game

from my latest play though
Hooded knight, 4 levels of weapon proficiency, +1 strength +3 luck, +2 evasion (new survival of the fittest).
Fighting arts: zero presence (stranger in the dark), sneak attack, fencing
disorders: stark raving
Abilities: bitter frenzy i think (the one that allows you to surge for free to activate a weapon)

Sent him out with full phoenix armour and the butchers mask against a lantern year 22 watcher. Got +2 strenght tokens early on. hitting the watcher on a 3+ with 3 speed, wounding on 3+ for 3 wounds per roll. attacking up to three times an action. the watcher lastes about 3 rounds (due to trap mitigation)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Krauss
msg tools
I guess this guy from the last Reply in this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1518448/collection-best-mom...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeathJester23 wrote:
DavidT wrote:
...spends a couple activations at the beginning of the Showdown pounding his head on the ground, and becomes nearly unstoppable.

If this is Frenzy from Berserker remember once you Frenzy you can't use fighting arts unless you have another ability to say so.

Yes, good point. Technically, the two activations need to be Berzerker, then Frenzy Drink. We actually misplayed it in our last session and will need to roll back. It had been a few months since we played, and I had stacking Frenzies on my brain because he had last fought the Butcher. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Mullen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
There's a thing that can happen where you can See the Truth and then your frenzy becomes a lot more dangerous. Matriarch Gertrude was similar to the OP's example (monster claw, fist and tooth master, immortal, etc) but she had the trait that let you use your masteries and arts in frenzy. She went into battle with a shield and no other weapon but a founding stone, which she carried until the end of the settlement. High luck, high strength, high evasion. She was a monster. And a complete nutter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric-June Hornby
msg tools
Italics wrote:
I'm working on a third set of Green Armor (all in the same campaign - just multiple timelines) right now. Does that count?

Otherwise it's stuff like the usual Ageless Green Savior with Acanthus Doctor (20+ armor in all locations), the Immortal 1000+ Insanity survivor with a Gloom Katana (he's not allowed anywhere near the Slender Man ever) or the Fist and Tooth, Destiny Cloak (Cursed item from DK event that makes you insane) Gloom Man who is virtually unkillable.

Other survivors tend to be powered by builds, just things like Gloom Hammer tank, Shadow Saliva Shaw Vespertine or most recently the Inky Slasher.

Oh and I supposed I should mention the guy who solo'd the L1 and L2 Lion Gods deserves a mention, but he wasn't really special statswise - it's just that the Lion God don't like Evasion.

erichermit wrote:

Can you explain how? Cause I'm not seeing enough speed to kill most legendaries in a single turn, certainly not the Phoenix or the Old Master -- Blue Charm does not stop the Old Master Burrowing you out of existence.

Old Master is certainly tougher, but less troublesome by simply just choosing century plates last, unless ive forgotten a first strike somehow in which case: oops im sorry i cheated on old master.

The Flower Sword (from flower campaign) is a speed 2 devastating weapon, combined with her 7 speed, is a 9speed weapon. With her absurd accuracy and legendary lungs, she usually gets 17-18 hits in a single attack. this turns into about 32-34 wounds (perfect hit with a grand weapon cancels all reactions, she got a perfect hit somewhere in there. If not the first crit sends the monster prone.)

After dealing this 32-34 wounds (theres a good chance she drew the trap of course, which means i rely a lot on blue charm here), she can surge to do it again, for up to about 64-68 wounds in a turn. For a while i had forsaker mask on her too, but decided to swap it out as it was overkill and i prefered to have the red gem to allow me to reroll the blue charm roll.

Less than this against the Old Master, but with the help of the rest of the party (who are by no means weak, just not as wild compared to here by far) this means that Old Master is only going to get one or two turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.