Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For quite a while, I've been thinking about revisiting the design of this game. I was never completely happy with how it turned out; specifically, I thought that it was way too easy for someone to lose their entire population in one round, and be forced to go into decline. I tried to compensate for it with ample use of the defense tokens, but that always felt like it was just a bandage on top of a lingering issue.

Long story short, a few days ago I had an epiphany, and I've started working on a new edition of the game. The only items that I'm not changing are the dice; I've always liked the dice, and I wanted any new design to use them as-is. The cards, tokens, and token tracks are all going to change. (The victory point coins might change, although I don't have a compelling reason to do so.)

More details to come when I have them available. I'll probably treat this as a work-in-progress thread, and post stuff that I'm still tweaking and developing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to hear that! I always liked your game!

lwdgames wrote:
The only items that I'm not changing are the dice; I've always liked the dice

I really liked the terrain dice and the re-rolling mechanism. I also like the tribe dice but those suffer from one problem (mentioned some time ago): they are not expandable, thus you are limited to only 12 Tribes. While I don't think it's essential to have more (it's an express game, duh!), it looks like an area for improvement

Can't wait for more details!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dannte wrote:
I also like the tribe dice but those suffer from one problem (mentioned some time ago): they are not expandable, thus you are limited to only 12 Tribes. While I don't think it's essential to have more (it's an express game, duh!), it looks like an area for improvement

I remember that discussion. I still intend to keep the tribe dice the same, because my new idea is going to make those icons a little more important when resolving dice. Hopefully this doesn't disappoint too many people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the interesting thing about this new design is that it will feel much, much closer to Small World than it was before. In fact, I now find myself saying "Why didn't I do this the first time?". All it took was an "aha" moment for me to realize that this is what I wanted all along.

Tokens and Boards

The first change is that I'm going to get rid of the population tracks, and introduce tribe tokens into the mix. Just like the race tokens in Small World, you'll use tribe tokens to mark the regions that you occupy (more on that below), and there will be a redeployment phase for moving excess tokens around. The good news is that you won't need to print a bunch of custom tokens. Cubes or other generic tokens will work just fine, and they can even be all the same color.

The reason why you can use generic tribe tokens is because each tribe will have it's own "map". It's not much of a map, however, because the regions are arranged in a line. So let's just call it a tribe board. When your tribe conquers a new region, you'll be able to occupy it by adding tokens to a new region on your tribe board. The board has 10 regions on it, and that is the maximum number that your tribe can occupy. At the end of your turn, you'll redeploy your tokens, then score 1 point for each region you occupy on your tribe board.

Redeployment will be a required step, because there is a rule that must be followed for the arrangement of tokens. Each region must not have more tokens in it than the region to its left. For example, if you have 6 tokens to arrange within 3 regions, you could do it as 3-2-1 respectively, or 2-2-2, or 4-1-1.

Conquests

Here's why the arrangement of tokens on your tribe board matters: the rightmost (weakest) region on your board represents the "front" of the line, and is vulnerable to attack by your opponents. Only the rightmost region can be attacked; the regions to the left are safe until they become exposed due to conquests.

You'll still conquer new regions by rolling the dice, and the dice themselves have not changed from the previous version. I did decide to change the rolling to a Yahtzee-style system. Sorry Mariusz... I know that you like the old rule, but I found that Yahtzee-style rolling keeps the game moving along at a good pace, and is much easier to teach to new players.

At the start of your turn, you'll remove as many tokens as you wish from the tribe board, to use for new conquests. (Most likely, you'll leave one behind on each region, because you lose control of a region if you remove all of its tribe tokens.) The number of tokens you remove indicates how many tribe dice (and region dice) you get to roll, up to a maximum of 6. Then, roll the dice up to 3 times, keeping what you want after each roll, and re-rolling the rest. As it was with the previous version, you must pair up a tribe die with a region die to conquer a region, but the rules for this have changed a little.

When you roll your own tribe's symbol on the tribe dice, you can use it with a valid region die and a single tribe token to conquer an empty region. Nobody else's tribes are affected by this action. Also, you can't use the other tribe symbol on dice where your symbol was rolled.

When you roll a matching pair of tribe symbols for a tribe that is not currently in play, you can use that pair with a valid region die and a single tribe token to conquer a lost tribe region. This type of conquest also does not affect the players' tribes. You must use a matching pair of tribe symbols to take this action.

Conquering an opponent's region is similar, but the rules for it are more flexible. An occupied region has a total strength equal to the number of tokens on it (tribe tokens and defense tokens) plus 2. A region with 1 token has a strength of 3, a region with 2 tokens has a strength of 4, etc. That strength number is the total number of tribe tokens and tribe dice (with the matching tribe symbol, of course) that you must use, along with a valid region die, to conquer that region. In that sense, the tribe dice now act a bit like reinforcement dice. You have to use at least one tribe token to conquer the region, no matter how many tribe dice are used. You can even choose to use only tribe tokens and not dice, although a valid region die is still required.

Speaking of the region dice, there is one small change to how they're applied. In the previous version, the "x2" on the Mountain meant that it required two tribe dice instead of just one. Now, conquering a Mountain requires a matching pair of region dice instead. This accounts for the added difficulty of those regions. When you do conquer a Mountain, you'll get a defense token to place on your board.

One last note about conquests: just like in Small World, if one of your regions is conquered, you lose one of its tribe tokens, and can redeploy the rest at the end of the turn.

Defense Tokens

Defense tokens aren't going to be as necessary as they were before, but they'll still be in the game. As I just mentioned, conquering a Mountain will get you a defense token, and there will be certain special powers that offer defense tokens as well. When you get defense tokens, you can place them anywhere on your board, as long as they are as evenly distributed as possible. Once placed, defense tokens can't be moved, and they are lost if that region is conquered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, this now looks a lot more like Small World, but with dice (and no central map). Going into decline works exactly like you would think it does, by discarding all but one token from each region.

The main task now in development is to decide on the final abilities for the tribes and special powers, and make sure that the token counts are balanced. I'm starting with the tribes. The Elves, Giants, Sorcerers, and Trolls have changed. I'm going to playtest them as though each one is paired with a 5-token blank special power. Here's a low-ink PDF if you want to play around with it for yourself:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-FoOYQxsYV1a0R3a2Z6TlBfYlU...

Here are the player boards (low-ink):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-FoOYQxsYV1aEd5SkNaSVFvd1E...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lwdgames wrote:
So the interesting thing about this new design is that it will feel much, much closer to Small World than it was before.

lwdgames wrote:
The first change is that I'm going to get rid of the population tracks, and introduce tribe tokens into the mix.

I like that idea! Although, personally I liked to view your game as a unique thing, with similar scoring and races as the Smallworld. Making it more similar to SW ("just without a map") might make it less unique if you know what I mean. And while I like the idea, I have a feeling it will be more mechanical than in the previous version. Don't get me wrong, I see how more balanced it becomes, just my first impression is that it doesn't fit the simple/express theme.

lwdgames wrote:
I did decide to change the rolling to a Yahtzee-style system. Sorry Mariusz... I know that you like the old rule, but I found that Yahtzee-style rolling keeps the game moving along at a good pace, and is much easier to teach to new players.
I have no problem with that I feel it's better fitted to the express theme

The new conquest method seemed unclear and complicated but I got it now! I find the new version very interesting!

To wrap-up:
You always need a strength 2 + number of tokens (lost tribe tokens or other player's tokens) but:
a) when conquering an empty region you must use both a die and your token (to a sum of 2 strength)
b) when conquering a lost tribe you must use 2 dice and your token (to a sum of 3 strength)
c) when conquering another player's region you must use any combination of dice and your tokens to match its strength (e.g. 1 die and 2 tokens to match strength 3) provided you use at least 1 die with a matching symbol

I also like the additional rule on how to allocate/spend the defense tokens.

Although I suppose it's obvious, one thing is missing in your description:
When I have 4 occupied regions and 9 units and I take 5 of them in the beginning of my turn, can I also grab a 6th one to have more dice to roll (and possibly gain more points)? If yes, which one? I suppose it doesn't matter since you redeploy them following the rule of smallest to largest. However, it would probably be better to clarify that you always take additional tokens from left.

And one last thing about wording: how Plundering Sorcerers would work? Is the "as if it was empty" considered to not trigger the Plundering ability? I simply don't remember how that combo worked in the original SW.

Keep up the great work!

PS: Do you think that putting a limit on dice rolled is neccessary here? Shouldn't Ratmen be able to roll more than 6 in this new version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dannte wrote:
lwdgames wrote:
So the interesting thing about this new design is that it will feel much, much closer to Small World than it was before.

lwdgames wrote:
The first change is that I'm going to get rid of the population tracks, and introduce tribe tokens into the mix.

I like that idea! Although, personally I liked to view your game as a unique thing, with similar scoring and races as the Smallworld. Making it more similar to SW ("just without a map") might make it less unique if you know what I mean. And while I like the idea, I have a feeling it will be more mechanical than in the previous version. Don't get me wrong, I see how more balanced it becomes, just my first impression is that it doesn't fit the simple/express theme.

True, it does stray away from the concept of "Small World Express" and head more toward "Small World: The Dice Game", with the distinction being that the latter makes no promise about simplicity or game length.

dannte wrote:
The new conquest method seemed unclear and complicated but I got it now! I find the new version very interesting!

To wrap-up:
You always need a strength 2 + number of tokens (lost tribe tokens or other player's tokens) but:
a) when conquering an empty region you must use both a die and your token (to a sum of 2 strength)
b) when conquering a lost tribe you must use 2 dice and your token (to a sum of 3 strength)
c) when conquering another player's region you must use any combination of dice and your tokens to match its strength (e.g. 1 die and 2 tokens to match strength 3) provided you use at least 1 die with a matching symbol

Yep, you've got it!

dannte wrote:
Although I suppose it's obvious, one thing is missing in your description:
When I have 4 occupied regions and 9 units and I take 5 of them in the beginning of my turn, can I also grab a 6th one to have more dice to roll (and possibly gain more points)? If yes, which one? I suppose it doesn't matter since you redeploy them following the rule of smallest to largest. However, it would probably be better to clarify that you always take additional tokens from left.

You can choose to take an additional token from whichever region you want. It shouldn't matter which one you take (because of redeployment), but I'll have to test things out to verify that.

dannte wrote:
And one last thing about wording: how Plundering Sorcerers would work? Is the "as if it was empty" considered to not trigger the Plundering ability? I simply don't remember how that combo worked in the original SW.

Good question. Looking over some Small World threads, it appears that Pillaging does give +1 point when the Sorcerer's ability is used. I was trying to find a succinct wording for my version of the Sorcerers. It is definitely subject to change. What I wanted to convey was that against a single token, you could use a Sorcerer symbol to conquer it, and it would be occupied by a new tribe token that you gain from the supply. I'll have to think about whether the current wording works as intended.

dannte wrote:
PS: Do you think that putting a limit on dice rolled is neccessary here? Shouldn't Ratmen be able to roll more than 6 in this new version?

I actually like the limitation. I think it keeps the game from snowballing, which is a real threat if one player rolls substantially better or worse than others. But again, these are things that need to be tested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a few rounds of testing the tribes, I made changes based on some observations:

Dwarves and Wizards are overpowered
Despite the fact that one die has no mining/magical symbols, and another die has them on the mountain side, it's still surprisingly easy to conquer mining and magical regions. So I bumped their numbers down from 5 to 4.

Sorcerers are underpowered
I thought that Sorcerers would be able to run over everyone, since the distribution rule makes single token regions vulnerable to attack. However, it's balanced out by the fact that you have to roll a Sorcerer symbol in order to use the ability. In practice, it wasn't really that powerful, but it still has potential. I bumped the token number up from 3 to 4.

Ghouls are also underpowered
Because the token counts are smaller in this game than in Small World, tribes get stretched thin in a hurry. The token number of 4 for the Ghouls was not very exciting, so I bumped it up to 5.

Halflings are boring
The ability of the Halflings to reroll dice was interesting and unique enough for the previous version of the rules. With tokens in the mix, it's thoroughly underwhelming. Since defense tokens have been scaled back significantly, I decided to give them to the Halflings, whenever they conquer hill regions. It's thematic and much more interesting.

I can include Amazons now! Oh, but...
Back when I was starting on the first edition of the game, I wanted to include Amazons in the tribe list. The bow and arrow icon that currently represents the Elves was meant for the Amazons. The problem was, I couldn't come up with an ability that felt right for it. I chose (foolishly?) to keep the icon, but assign it to the Elves. Now, the Amazons fit into the mix perfectly... but I can't just add a new tribe. (Sound familiar?) I don't want to have a bunch of "this icon means either this tribe or that tribe" situations, but I'm going to play around with it a little bit by including the Amazons as a "promo" tribe, which can be used in place of the Elves as desired.

The tribe card PDF has been updated accordingly. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-FoOYQxsYV1a0R3a2Z6TlBfYlU...

I'll do some testing with the new tribes before moving on to the special powers. The Orcs showed some evidence of being overpowered, but it requires more testing to confirm. I'm also considering whether or not to change the Tritons ability, for the same reason that I changed the Halflings - it's leans toward the boring side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made a couple more changes to the tribes.

I changed the Triton ability so that region dice with a Water face can be used as if they are tribe dice, showing any tribe icon. This is a slightly more interesting, yet still thematic, version of the original ability.

I also added another "promo" tribe: Leprechauns. The ability is similar to the Small World version, allowing the player to claim some bonus points by first putting them at risk in their occupied regions. Since there is no map in this game, I decided to increase the risk of loss by giving these regions -1 strength, so that they will be easier to conquer. The Leprechauns will share the Halfling icon.

The tribe card PDF has been updated, using the same link available above.

I like the tribes as they are for now. I may still tweak some numbers later, but first I'm going to start working on the special powers. I'll post the PDF for those cards when it is available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the first draft PDF for the special powers. This is just for testing, so it's low-ink, and I didn't try too hard to format everything in a specific way.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-FoOYQxsYV1YjFEQk5QR1hudjg...

The special powers didn't need much in the way of changes. The biggest change is the token numbers on them, which are higher than before. Other than minor wording changes, the ability changes that I made are:

Diplomat - Changed to be the same as its Small World version.
Dragon Master - Once per turn, you can use one of the tribe dice you rolled, along with a token, to conquer a region of that tribe, ignoring the number of tokens in that region. In other words, the Dragon Master's ability reduces the strength of an opponent's region to 2, the same as an empty region.
Merchant - Changed to be the same as its Small World version.
Wealthy - Changed to be the same as its Small World version (+7 points instead of the previous +5 points).

As I did with the tribes, I'll be testing these special powers as though they are paired with a generic tribe that provides 5 tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, has it really been more than a year since I started this thread?

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I'm a very slow designer. I will sit on an idea for weeks and weeks without doing anything, other than mulling it around in my head. Despite my absence in this thread, I actually have been working on the game... fine-tuning the design, playtesting, and putting together artwork. The last thing I have to do is write the rules, and then I can put it out here for people to try out.

It's close, I swear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I write the rules, I would like to show off the new art that I've been working on. Maybe you can figure out the rules based on the components? There are some significant changes even from what I posted above. My concept from a year ago had some unnecessary overhead, which I have been able to streamline or completely eliminate. I'm very excited about what the game is becoming!

I will have low-ink versions available soon, but here are the full-color files...

Card Fronts (4 pages, 1.28 MB)
Card Backs (4 pages, 547 KB)

Here's a sample, showing you the cards for the Fortified Ghouls:

Player Boards and Dice Stickers (2 pages, 2.50 MB)

And a sample of the new player board:

Score Board, Point Tokens, and Defense Tokens (1 page, 389 KB)

Yes, there's a score board now. Unlike Small World, there is no hidden scoring in this game anymore.

This is all still subject to change, of course, which is why I'm not posting it in the Files section just yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dysart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Those boards and cards look great. I discovered this game when this thread showed up on the BGG front page, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the second version release.

Will players need multiple land boards, to hold in-decline factions, or are all markers removed when a faction goes into decline?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
briand wrote:
Those boards and cards look great. I discovered this game when this thread showed up on the BGG front page, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the second version release.

Will players need multiple land boards, to hold in-decline factions, or are all markers removed when a faction goes into decline?

Each player will have two boards. The second board has the decline symbol along with different numbers for the region strength (the number in the shield). When a tribe goes into decline, you would move the tokens from one board to the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I updated the files in the previous post, because I realized that I forgot to include the dice stickers anywhere. Also, a slight change to the card for the Giants.

Still working on the rules as I have time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally managed to finish the first draft of the rules. I still need to add some pages for clarifications about the various tribes and special powers (including an explanation about what the Amazons and Leprechauns are for).

Rules PDF (7 pages, 2.6 MB)

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I tend to miss important items when it comes to writing stuff like this. I also worry that my writing style takes a simple thing and makes it unnecessarily complicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This all looks really nice!

I like the way you conquer the tribes, I especially like the fact that you can conquer a lost tribe even late in the game (the lost tribe tokens do not run out in the first turns as in the original Smallworld). I also like the change you made to the mountains (I recall that previously, you needed 2 tribe dice to conquer a mountain region die).

I'm not sure I understand one thing: when conquering an empty region, you always need to roll your tribe on a die and use it along with a single token but when conquering an hostile region, you are not required to roll your opponent symbol on a die? (this is probably depicted in the 3 tokens used with a Hill in the example on page 6) - is this to encourage players to attack each other?

Also, I feel you could combine the active and declined boards into a one, bigger board.

And one thing that came to my mind: in order to allow for more factions (with various tribe symbols), I would associate each active/decline board with 2 distinct symbols - so instead of players gaining tribe symbols when choosing a tribe, they would have 2 symbols associated with them through the whole game. This would allow you to change the distribution of the symbols on the dice and might be a little bit more straightforward, probably?
You could put player symbol combinations like 1+2, 1+3, 1+4, 2+3, 2+4 and 3+4, which always gives you 50% to conquer an empty region and 50% to reinforce when conquering an opponent's region (not sure if that's something you wanted to achieve).
Or the combinations could be like follows: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5 - you have a 1 in a 6 chance to conquer an empty region, 3 in a 6 to conquer an opponent and 2 in a 6 to reach to a lost tribe.
That's just an idea I wanted to mention. And as I see now, I'm just reiterating something that we discussed awhile ago I probably can't get that idea out of my head!

An interesting, new thing is to end the game after reaching 90 points. I'm just curious why did you decide to change that? Probably to make the game more straightforward?

PS: And I really like how you balanced the region strength on the player boards - the less troops there are, the more they try to defend their regions (discouraging players to try and bully a certain player).

Cards:
Leprechauns are not clear - How many coins can you put per turn? Do they simply grant an additional point during scoring? Can you add multiple 1 point tokens to a single region? Can you remove such coins? Does the opponent score that additional point once, only when conquering?

I feel that Orcs/Pillaging should also state "up to 3", like the region bonus abilities. Rolling a specific terrain has even lower probability than rolling 1 of the opponent's tribe symbols...

"Gain a Sorcerer" means simply "gain a tribe token to your pool"?

Not sure about the original Smallworld but how Diplomat interacts with Ghouls? Those are not active but they still belong to a player, should they be able to attack a Diplomat tribe even though the Ghoul player's active tribe was targetted?

Thanks and keep up the good work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your response!

dannte wrote:
I also like the change you made to the mountains (I recall that previously, you needed 2 tribe dice to conquer a mountain region die).

Yeah, it made a lot more sense under the new rules to do it that way, and it means that I don't have to change the dice.

dannte wrote:
I'm not sure I understand one thing: when conquering an empty region, you always need to roll your tribe on a die and use it along with a single token but when conquering an hostile region, you are not required to roll your opponent symbol on a die? (this is probably depicted in the 3 tokens used with a Hill in the example on page 6) - is this to encourage players to attack each other?

Yes, but it also gives the players something to do with their tokens even when they roll horribly. You always want to use the dice if you can, but when all else fails, you can just brute force attack with your tribe tokens. This is also why, on the first turn, you can conquer a limited number of "empty" regions without using any dice.

dannte wrote:
Also, I feel you could combine the active and declined boards into a one, bigger board.

I'm curious as to what this would look like. Thoughts?

dannte wrote:
And one thing that came to my mind: in order to allow for more factions (with various tribe symbols), I would associate each active/decline board with 2 distinct symbols - so instead of players gaining tribe symbols when choosing a tribe, they would have 2 symbols associated with them through the whole game. This would allow you to change the distribution of the symbols on the dice and might be a little bit more straightforward, probably?
You could put player symbol combinations like 1+2, 1+3, 1+4, 2+3, 2+4 and 3+4, which always gives you 50% to conquer an empty region and 50% to reinforce when conquering an opponent's region (not sure if that's something you wanted to achieve).
Or the combinations could be like follows: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5 - you have a 1 in a 6 chance to conquer an empty region, 3 in a 6 to conquer an opponent and 2 in a 6 to reach to a lost tribe.
That's just an idea I wanted to mention. And as I see now, I'm just reiterating something that we discussed awhile ago I probably can't get that idea out of my head!

I've considered it as well, as this is the one aspect of the game that can lead to analysis paralysis. I'm leaving it as-is for now.

dannte wrote:
An interesting, new thing is to end the game after reaching 90 points. I'm just curious why did you decide to change that? Probably to make the game more straightforward?

It's much more straightforward. With these rules, there's still a decent chance that someone rolls extremely well and dominates the game, and having a point goal facilitates an early end in those situations. Having public point totals also means that everyone can see who is dangerously close to winning, which encourages people to go after a runaway leader.

dannte wrote:
Leprechauns are not clear - How many coins can you put per turn? Do they simply grant an additional point during scoring? Can you add multiple 1 point tokens to a single region? Can you remove such coins? Does the opponent score that additional point once, only when conquering?

You can add one point token per region per turn, and then claim them at the start of your next turn. They make the region weaker, however, and opponents win those points when they attack you.

dannte wrote:
I feel that Orcs/Pillaging should also state "up to 3", like the region bonus abilities. Rolling a specific terrain has even lower probability than rolling 1 of the opponent's tribe symbols...

It's actually a more difficult requirement overall, when the strength of the opponent's region is factored in. You're likely to need more than just one tribe die per region that you conquer.

dannte wrote:
"Gain a Sorcerer" means simply "gain a tribe token to your pool"?

Yes, and it's immediate, so you can use it on that same turn.

dannte wrote:
Not sure about the original Smallworld but how Diplomat interacts with Ghouls? Those are not active but they still belong to a player, should they be able to attack a Diplomat tribe even though the Ghoul player's active tribe was targetted?

I don't know either, but I would want to follow the Small World rule about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.