Subject: Advanced Skills rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Sesta
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an icon on page 24 of the beta rules showing a purchasing cost (in xp) of an advanced skill card but the book does not mention these advanced skill cards or how you gain/spend experience points anywhere else.

Is upgrading an action you can take on your turn with xp you've acquired?

Will the cards themselves dictate how the upgrades work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The definitions section hints at the answers:

Beta Rules p23 wrote:
Advanced Skill cards: new Skill
cards that players can purchase
at certain moments in the adventure
(the game will let you know when you
can)
by spending the experience points
they have earned.

Experience points: Adventure cards
whose effect allows players to spend
experience points at certain moments
in the game to purchase Advanced
Skill cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 6, under "3. Action cards" there is a SKILL subsection. #3 there shows were the "purchasing cost (Advanced Skills only)" will appear on the cards.

I would have expected to find more information on how to handled this cost on pages 11-12 (Action Resolution section). It does seem to be missing there -- though we might surmise that at whatever moment an advanced skill becomes available, if you have enough experience points you have to option to purchase it by paying the cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be willing to bet that whatever event makes the Advanced Skill cards accessible (or perhaps the event which provides your first experience point) will come with a Quest Item for the Satchel/Journal that fully explains how to spend points to get cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sesta
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely sounds like the game will dictate how and when these will be used. Even so seems odd that they aren't mentioned briefly in a separate section of the main book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I’m quite sure (actually, no, I know for sure) the Poulps wouldn’t have left a gray area just to bug you. As said in the book, the game will really tell you when you can purchase advanced skills. There is nothing else they could/need to say. You will not be left in the dark as to how to purchase them when faced with the situation.

Keep calm and lift your curses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.