United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Always ready to play some games!
badge
Let's play some games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just loving this game and have been playing it a ton since I got it. I tried a strategy where I actually ended up using all of my discs for train stations and deliveries. I had come close on a play of this before as well. What happens when you go to the next train station and have no disc to put in that spot? More importantly, what if I make it to Kansas City without a disc to place at a city?

Is there an official rule for this that I am missing?
Does anyone have a house rule suggestion?

NOTE: This actually happened in a 2-player game. I can only imagine that it is even more likely (although not common) in a 3 or 4 player game with more time and more rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Rivest
Canada
Blainville
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rulebook to quote, but it happened in one of our games also. You can take a disc from any train station (usually the first low point ones) and place it in the new spot. Notice the disc you take is from a train station, not a city.

I think you can find the rule on the lower right corner of the back of the rulebook if my memory is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rodenbeckb wrote:
I am just loving this game and have been playing it a ton since I got it. I tried a strategy where I actually ended up using all of my discs for train stations and deliveries. I had come close on a play of this before as well. What happens when you go to the next train station and have no disc to put in that spot? More importantly, what if I make it to Kansas City without a disc to place at a city?

Is there an official rule for this that I am missing?
Does anyone have a house rule suggestion?

NOTE: This actually happened in a 2-player game. I can only imagine that it is even more likely (although not common) in a 3 or 4 player game with more time and more rounds.

You must place a disc into a City Space when you go through Kansas City steps. If you do not have a disc on your player board, you must choose one from a Train Station, remove it and place it into a city space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rodenbeck
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Always ready to play some games!
badge
Let's play some games!
mbmbmbmbmb
FROM THE VERY LAST LINE OF THE RULE BOOK:

If you are supposed to place a disc
onto a space with white corners but only happen to have discs on disc spaces with
dark corners le, you are allowed to place a disc from a disc space with dark corners
onto a space with white corners. If you are supposed to place a disc but are unable to
(because you have none le or cannot pay for them), remove one of your discs from
a train station of your choice and place that one instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly my issue with the game, which is why I think it needs an expansion with more meaningful spots to pull disks off of on an extended player board.

As its stands, late on in the game I don't care where the disks come from (their bonuses are usually meaningless) I just want to place a disk somewhere else to mark possession / claim ownership.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moocifer wrote:
Exactly my issue with the game, which is why I think it needs an expansion with more meaningful spots to pull disks off of on an extended player board.

As its stands, late on in the game I don't care where the disks come from (their bonuses are usually meaningless) I just want to place a disk somewhere else to mark possession / claim ownership.

A large part of the "game" is spending/managing your discs. You have a limited amount, and if you rush and spread yourself too thin, you might hurt your late game options.

Sometimes restriction is a tacked on mechanism, but in this game it's done beautifully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:

A large part of the "game" is spending/managing your discs. You have a limited amount, and if you rush and spread yourself too thin, you might hurt your late game options.

Sometimes restriction is a tacked on mechanism, but in this game it's done beautifully.

You're missing my point (I think). Later on I don't care where the disks come from off the player board as I've already removed the key ones to implement whatever strategy I've chosen. So any I need are just pulled willy-nilly which is hardly a "beautiful restriction" in my book ..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moocifer wrote:
jmathias wrote:

You're missing my point (I think). Later on I don't care where the disks come from off the player board as I've already removed the key ones to implement whatever strategy I've chosen. So any I need are just pulled willy-nilly which is hardly a "beautiful restriction" in my book ..

Ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.