R W
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I purchased these games from ebay a few years ago for my partner, who recently passed away. We never actually got a chance to play it, so the cardboard pieces have still not been punched out. From my understanding of the original ebay post, this also comes with a bonus deck of trade cards, but that deck is missing one card.

Civilization is like new, and the Advanced Civilization expansion is in Very good condition. Both boxes are in very good condition with little shelf wear and no tears.

I'm trying to decide if I should keep this game or re-sell it. Any ideas on the actual value of the set and the best way to sell something like this? Back on ebay? Any input is appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
A minty copy of AH Advanced civ with trade cards, I'd say about $160-$190
A minty copy of Civ. I'd say about between $65-85.

(I say this as yours look unpunched, and box looks to be in excellent condition)

Sell them together I'd say you would realistically get about around $230-260.

Prices have come down a bit on those two with the creation of Mega Civilization which coincidentally, you can also buy for about $265 right now. Which I think is more playable at the moment.

What you have is more for the AH collector than the Civ player, which shrank in demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
MWChapel wrote:
What you have is more for the AH collector than the Civ player, which shrank in demand.

I'm not sure - having played MegaCivilization, I _far_ prefer Advanced Civilization, as a Civ player. (Far == ~4 rating points.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
huber wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

I'm not sure - having played MegaCivilization, I _far_ prefer Advanced Civilization, as a Civ player. (Far == ~4 rating points.)

Well, it does take far less table space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R W
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Thank you! This is super helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Ruck
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Crabro was my first own-design stunt kite, named after a genus of black and yellow stinging insect in the UK
mbmbmbmbmb
But get those bands off the cards and into ziplocs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.