Subject: A couple of questions before I play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark monk
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi

1. When enemies are discarded because they are defeated they go to a discard pile. When drawing a new encounter and you draw enemies that do not match encounter keyword, are they discarded into the same pile as for defeated enemies?

2. Can healing potions be used in the hero phase at anytime in your turn or only when resting?

3. Could you potentially rest twice in a turn...once in hero phase if no enemies and it's safe and then during encounter phase from aftermath?.

4. Time track:
-why are there empty spaces to the left of the 1 hero marker
-does the rage symbol above the number 2 (white number on black background) mean anything?
-what does the very first square mean (shows plus 1 resolve, move time track right 2 places)?

5. Reinforcement track:
- why are there smaller numbers next to normal numbers?
- If drawing monsters due to Reinforcements, must they contain keywords of encounter card too?.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
dagaff wrote:
1. When enemies are discarded because they are defeated they go to a discard pile. When drawing a new encounter and you draw enemies that do not match encounter keyword, are they discarded into the same pile as for defeated enemies?

Yes they are.

dagaff wrote:
3. Could you potentially rest twice in a turn...once in hero phase if no enemies and it's safe and then during encounter phase from aftermath?.

No. If there is no Active Encounter (ie. you finished it last turn and you haven't drawn a new one) you don't get an Encounter Aftermath Phase.

dagaff wrote:
4. Time track:
-why are there empty spaces to the left of the 1 hero marker

I think the designer originally intended for there to be effects that could buy you back Time (moving the time cube leftwards) but this idea didn't appear in the final game, but the time charter preserves that idea. Just ignore those spaces.

dagaff wrote:
-does the rage symbol above the number 2 (white number on black background) mean anything?

Apparently not.

dagaff wrote:
-what does the very first square mean (shows plus 1 resolve, move time track right 2 places)?

As above, ignore those spaces. They seem to be legacies of some earlier iteration of the rules. They don't feature at all in the new Time Charter for Heart of the Mists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
dagaff wrote:
5. Reinforcement track:
- why are there smaller numbers next to normal numbers?

The little numbers just count up from 1-7 to help you make sure that you remembered to move the tracker on. They have no effect on play.

The big numbers tell you how many Enemies are drawn as Reinforcements next turn.

dagaff wrote:
- If drawing monsters due to Reinforcements, must they contain keywords of encounter card too?.

Yes, unless the Encounter specifies otherwise (like "Mutating Mists" I think)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.