Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Rönnlund
Sweden
Solna
flag msg tools
mbmb
The numbers of the nodes are super confusing and make zero sense to me:
https://stdobby.github.io/kingdomdeath/#pledgevalues

Now I know that these "speculated" values could be incorrect.. but I would suggest the actual nodes becomes something like the following.

Node 1
Difficulty: As a level 1 White Lion
Suggested Monsters: White Lion, Gorm, Frogdog
Pick 1-2 (must pick prologue monster, then you may add another to lantern year 1)

Node 2
Difficulty: At least on par with a level 1 White Lion if you have dash and a high survival limit
Suggested Monsters: Screaming Antelope, Spidicules, Oblivion Mosquito, Flower Knight
Pick 1-2 (add their events to lantern year 2 and 3)

Nemesis 1
Difficulty: As a level 1 Butcher
Suggested Monsters: Butcher, Pariah (first form)
Pick 1 (add to lantern year 4)

Special Showdowns 1
Effect: Frequently visiting special showdowns, that adds difficulty, but also adds great bonuses (gear, etc).
Suggested Monsters: Manhunter, Lion Knight
Pick 0-1

(Lonely Tree should probably be left outside the node system, as a completely optional thing)

Node 3
Difficulty: As a level 2 White Lion
Suggested Monsters: Phoenix, Dragon King, Sunstalker, Nightmare Ram, Black Knight
Pick 1-2 (add to lantern year 7). In my experience you don't need more than 1 pick here, so only pick 2, if you previously skipped an extra pick.

Nemesis 2
Difficulty: As a level 1 King's man
Suggested Monsters: King's man, The Hand, Slenderman, Red Witches
Pick 2 (add any one to lantern year 6-9 and one at 11-13)

Node 4
Difficulty: As a level 2 Phoenix
Suggested Monsters: Dung Beetle Knight, Gryphon
Pick 0-1 (add to lantern year 10)

Node 5
Difficulty: As a level 2 Dung Beetle Knight
Suggested Monsters: Lion God, Screaming God
Pick 0-1 (add to lantern year 13)

Silver City can freely be added if Lion God is selected as Node 5.

Flower Knight and Black Knight could perhaps be lifted into their own "Bonus Node 1", with the text this expansion will make the game a whole lot easier, pick one.
Perhaps add a drawback to adding them. Like add a "Bonus Node 1" and a "Special Showdown 1" node together?

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I never saw where the ram is getting added- citation there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panwuan Panwuan
msg tools
mbmb
I like the Node as explained by poots. Also, this node system integrates with the longer campaign of 1.5, instead of the current 20ish LY of the current 1.31.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:

Poots said it in a Kickstarter comment, but also said that he hadn't committed to that yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
I'd expect them to make more sense when they are officially described and released, rather than guessed at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
spiralingcadaver wrote:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-mon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, damn. Was hoping it was more of a FK equivalent (early-ish different style of fight) since there are already so many tough ones around year 8 and that makes them fairly mutually exclusive.

Well, still one of the more exciting ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dobby
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UIOP82 wrote:

Now I know that these "speculated" values could be incorrect.. but I would suggest changing the nodes to:

Yes the speculated ones can be wrong, I have no idea where those ones fall as he hasn't mentioned it yet. I am definitely open to changing where they go though, as I'm sure other people probably have a better feel for it than me (I haven't played before). I was mostly just going off what lantern year they appear for the speculated ones.

UIOP82 wrote:

Flower Knight and Black Knight could perhaps be lifted into their own "Bonus Node 1", with the text this expansion will make the game a whole lot easier, pick one.
Perhaps add a drawback to adding them. Like add a "Bonus Node 1" and a "Special Showdown 1" node together?

Thoughts?

The Black Knight is Node 3. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-mon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
UIOP82 wrote:

Now I know that these "speculated" values could be incorrect.. but I would suggest changing the nodes to:

Node 1
Difficulty: As a level 1 White Lion
Suggested Monsters: White Lion, Gorm, Frogdog
Pick 1-2 (must pick prologue monster, +0-1 to lantern year 1)

Node 2
Difficulty: Same as a level 1 White Lion if you have dash and a very high survival limit
Suggested Monsters: Screaming Antelope, Spidicules, Oblivion Mosquito, Flower Knight, Black Knight
Pick 1-2 (add their events to lantern year 2 and 3)

Nemesis 1
Difficulty: As a level 1 Butcher
Suggested Monsters: Butcher, Pariah (first form)
Pick 1 (add to lantern year 4)

Special Showdowns 1
Difficulty: Not applicable. But their effect are: frequently visiting special showdowns, that adds difficulty, but also adds great bonuses (gear, etc).
Suggested Monsters: Manhunter, Lion Knight
Pick 0-1

(Lonely Tree should probably be left outside the node system, as a completely optional thing)

Node 3
Difficulty: As a level 2 White Lion
Suggested Monsters: Phoenix, Dragon King, Sunstalker, Nightmare Ram
Pick 1 (add to lantern year 7)

Nemesis 2
Difficulty: As a level 1 King's man
Suggested Monsters: King's man, The Hand, Slenderman, Red Witches
Pick 2 (add any one to lantern year 6-9 and one at 11-13)

Node 4
Difficulty: As a level 2 Phoenix
Suggested Monsters: Dung Beetle Knight, Gryphon
Pick 0-1 (add to lantern year 10)

Node 5
Difficulty: As a level 2 Dung Beetle Knight
Suggested Monsters: Lion God, Screaming God
Pick 0-1 (add to lantern year 13)

Thoughts?

I'm guessing you'd be chasing your tail trying to understand the complete idea behind the nodes, chiefly because it's still in development.

Assuming you're new to KD and haven't played yet, I'll take a crack at with my best guess:

All the current expansions are designed to be added to the core game's campaign to add extra variety. Of course, many of us who own all the current expansions tried to cram every one of them into a single MASSIVE campaign... It became way too overwhelming and the timeline was just too chaotic. Furthermore, some balance issues have been discovered using certain combinations of expansions. Some of the expansion rulebooks have recommendations (Spidicules, for example is recommended to replace the Antelope). The consensus seems to be that 2 expansions to a core game campaign is the sweet spot.

There's been no concrete system as to which expansions to add, which expansions compliment each other and how to adjust them (cards to remove) to create a well balanced custom campaign; this is where the 'Node System' comes in. It seems like it'll be a rule set for creating custom campaigns!

The node system is, in my opinion, the best thing to come out of this KS since it'll shoot the already insane replayability through the stratosphere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
You're going to be hard pressed comparing monsters to a White Lion at various levels. Given that monsters use entirely different attacks and tactics, with different effects of varying degree of annoyance... And the fact that even within the same level, a lion can very greatly in strength based on what random cards are in its deck.
That said, the Antelope isn't much harder than a level 1 lion if at all. You definitely don't /have/ to have dash or a high survival limit - I took one out year 4 with a 4 survival limit and no survival actions available. It took me a while due to chasing it, but it's not impossible.
And how is difficulty on special showdowns "Not applicable"? They aren't auto-win fights, so there's obviously some level of difficulty to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
Ireland
flag msg tools
tumorous wrote:
I'd expect them to make more sense when they are officially described and released, rather than guessed at.

When's that happening? Do we need to buy the campaign book for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.