Subject: Slither Upgrade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Clark
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I've devised an additional rule to make pie effective and enhance the strategic character of the game, which is as follows.

you may only move a stone if it has at least one stone, of any color orthogonally adjacent to it at the outset of the turn

While I'm not overwriting classic Slither and am giving classic Slither a "legacy" status which means, strictly speaking, I would prefer if you utilized the new rules in your future Slither games. I believe they are unambiguously an improvement on all fronts. As the new advanced Slither can be played as a subset of a Slither game, you can even try them on Little Golem. It should reinvigorate your 9x9 games there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CoreyClark wrote:
As the new advanced Slither can be played as a subset of a Slither game, you can even try them on Little Golem.

I thought about that, but AFAIK there is no "undo" ability (or is there?), and I can easily imagine someone brainfarting and making an illegal move.

It would be cool if littlegolem would implement this new rule. (And presumably keep the legacy version for those who prefer it, or who want to try both versions to compare them.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Clark
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
russ wrote:
CoreyClark wrote:
As the new advanced Slither can be played as a subset of a Slither game, you can even try them on Little Golem.

I thought about that, but AFAIK there is no "undo" ability (or is there?), and I can easily imagine someone brainfarting and making an illegal move.

It would be cool if littlegolem would implement this new rule. (And presumably keep the legacy version for those who prefer it, or who want to try both versions to compare them.)

Yes it will take a bit of assiduity on the part of the players but thankfully its not all that stifling to begin with,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.