United States
Saginaw
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reposted from the company's FB feed:

Sean Sweigart 1968 - 2016

It is with great sadness, we have to announce our friend and colleague Sean Sweigart passed away over the holidays, due to complications following surgery.

Sean worked at Gale Force Nine for thirteen years. He was instrumental in designing Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery, Firefly: The Game, Sons of Anarchy: Men of Mayhem, Homeland, WWE Superstar Showdown, Family Guy: Stewie’s Sexy Party Game, Star Trek: Ascendancy, and beyond.

Sean spent his life immersed in Science Fiction and Fantasy worlds. In the early 1990s he founded his own game store, Omnidon’s, in Hummelstown, PA. Before joining GF9, Sean worked with Games Workshop for four years, where he manned the Battlewagon and ran the Maryland Battle Bunker.

Sean always sought new challenges. He relished innovating and creating. Sean wanted to make thematic games that told stories, games in which people could immerse themselves. He succeeded, and was rightly proud of his work.

Sean was a close friend to those around him, passionate about games (among many other things!) and his presence will be sorely missed.

A memorial fund is in place for his daughter, Alyssa. If you’d like to contribute, please visit: https://www.gofundme.com/seansweigart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this. I'm absolutely stunned. How terribly sad. And I wonder what the future development history of Firefly and Star Trek Ascendancy will be now...it seems that he designed all of GF9s games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sad news indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Bocook
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Well, I was planning on buying Blue Sun when I got paid next week, but I think I might instead donating that to the GoFundMe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gone too soon from this world. A sad day indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that sucks. My condolences to his family. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
I had a guide, a Bedouin man, who called me 'Abu el Banat'. And whenever we'd meet another Bedouin, he'd introduce me as Abu el Banat. And the Bedouin would laugh and laugh and offer me a Pint of beer. (cont below)
badge
And I'd go to pay them for the beer and they wouldn't let me. "Abu el Banat" means "father of daughters." They thought the beer was the least they could do.
mbmbmbmbmb
What a KICK in the nut sack!

He wasn't my BFF but he was always so friendly at Gen Con. Hell last year he ran my 4 hour Ascendancy game on Saturday. It was a thrill to hear him tell on the back stories on how his team researched and evolved Star Trek: Ascendancy

When he taught us Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery years ago he was so passionate and into the game. This was a guy who LOVED his job.

Damn shame

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mason
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My heartfelt condolences. I of course did not have the opportunity to meet Sean, but it would appear that we shared the same birth year and hobby interests. He passed at far too young an age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.