Subject: Out of print? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Weston Ferguson
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
As far as I can tell this is currently out of print. Does anyone know when the reprint is due?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Luxton
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Europe just had one, I was after this for 3 months but it was ridiculous prices. The begining of December a couple online retailers had copies in German but it doesn't matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the English version is due in the next few months, but as Paul said, there are German copies fairly readily available. It is not at all language dependent so just download the rules from here and you will be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weston Ferguson
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
Where would be a good place to nab a German copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is an Australian online retailer with it in stock. But the shipping may kill the deal for you...
http://www.adventgames.com.au/p/9216971/arboretum-german-aba...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emspace
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You can also get the French version in some locations in Canada:

GreatBoardGames.ca
BoardGameBliss.ca

I’ve been tempted myself to spring for the extra cost of shipping, but I’m hopeful the English reprint will come along before I need to get the game for my parents. We’ll see. If the inventory gets down to one at one of these two places, I’ll probably cave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weston Ferguson
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
I just saw an english copy in the geek store that was played once for $20 plus shipping. I think I'm gonna give that a shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WestonTheFox wrote:
As far as I can tell this is currently out of print. Does anyone know when the reprint is due?

Maybe it's just me but I sort of cringe at over eagerness to refer to something that does seem to be "out of stock" and "very slow on the re-supply" as being out of print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
WestonTheFox wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I sort of cringe at over eagerness to refer to something that does seem to be "out of stock" and "very slow on the re-supply" as being out of print.

To me if a retailer does not have it, it is out of stock. If the manufacturer/publisher does not have any stock to supply retailers than it is out of print. The game must be reprinted before orders are fulfilled. Ergo it is out of print.

Just because a print run is scheduled doesn't mean it is not out of print right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WestonTheFox wrote:
Where would be a good place to nab a German copy?

Amazon.de?

The german copy is published by Abacus Spiel, so including that in your googling might help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GregDarcy wrote:
To me if a retailer does not have it, it is out of stock. If the manufacturer/publisher does not have any stock to supply retailers than it is out of print. The game must be reprinted before orders are fulfilled. Ergo it is out of print.

I would make the distinction of "between printings" and "out of print."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love splitting hairs...

If something is "between printings" then it stands to reason it has to be out of print before it can go into another printing. No? Supposedly Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small is being reprinted this year. So it's also "between printings" And it's been between printings for years.

...Until the said newest printing is available, it's out of print isn't it? Be it for a week or for years or forever.

I think most gamers can recall a game or two that has been "between printings" for years. With the promise of it coming, yet never actually arriving...yet. So would you call that between printings or out of print? Or both? lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to various dictionaries, "out of print" means not available from the publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
According to various dictionaries, "out of print" means not available from the publisher.

That works for me. Sometimes it really is just that simple. Leave it to gamers to get AP over a definition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just came back in stock at Miniature Market. Of course, the price also jumped at the same time from 13 and change up to $20, so I'll pass for now, but, it's now there to grab if you want it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Johnston
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zenpunk wrote:
Just came back in stock at Miniature Market. Of course, the price also jumped at the same time from 13 and change up to $20, so I'll pass for now, but, it's now there to grab if you want it.

Do you all think that is just because it is in demand or because it is Amsodee pricing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
hawkeyept wrote:
Do you all think that is just because it is in demand or because it is Amsodee pricing?

Most likely because they know it is in demand. You'll notice for most products they show you the list or "regular" price greyed out, with their "special" price below it. But for really in-demand stuff they just show the price.

Can't really blame 'em, as it's already sold out again, even at the higher price. MM isn't as nearly as bad as CSI at that kind of stuff, though... I've noticed CSI really likes to tweak the price up on games that are in-between runs or due soon, even going over list price.. a big part of why I switched to MM. That and their awesome customer hold feature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hawkeyept wrote:
zenpunk wrote:

I think $20 is MSRP. Not even the Asmodee tax drives prices up that high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Koch
United States
Ellensburg
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any ideas of when this will be back! Would love to get my hand on a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andi sea
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
freightrain12 wrote:
Any ideas of when this will be back! Would love to get my hand on a copy.

Me too! I've been tempted to just get the French version, but will wait a bit longer in hopes that the English one is back in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I've been waiting myself, hope it's coming soon. Russian Railroads has also been really slow to reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Simone [The Quasi Geek Dad]
United States
Redmond
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maddest Hatter wrote:
I love splitting hairs...

If something is "between printings" then it stands to reason it has to be out of print before it can go into another printing. No? Supposedly Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small is being reprinted this year. So it's also "between printings" And it's been between printings for years.

...Until the said newest printing is available, it's out of print isn't it? Be it for a week or for years or forever.

I think most gamers can recall a game or two that has been "between printings" for years. With the promise of it coming, yet never actually arriving...yet. So would you call that between printings or out of print? Or both? lol

Yes! Good grief Tomello...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it's still "between printings?" Egads. It's a crime that it's hard to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One may also wonder how an issue of "between publishers" (Asmodee/Z-Man) contributes to this. It is now 10 months since news described here:

/blogpost/56171/asmodee-negotiations-acquire-f2z-entertainme...

Edit:
see also
/blogpost/58914/f2z-entertainment-now-asmodee-canada

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
One may also wonder how an issue of "between publishers" (Asmodee/Z-Man) contributes to this. It is now 10 months since news described here:

/blogpost/56171/asmodee-negotiations-acquire-f2z-entertainme...

Edit:
see also
/blogpost/58914/f2z-entertainment-now-asmodee-canada

While I try to blame as many things as possible on Asmodee, Z-Man were already experts at leaving games between printings for prolonged periods of time without Asmodee's help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.