Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
I think I understand it, but was a bit confused by the rules when I first read them.

Basically, a "Photo" card plays just like an outlaw card BUT;
1) If you play it, you can't have played/play another "Sheriff" card on your turn.
2) You can't count it as the third card of the 3 cards needed to play the first "opening set" of an outlaw that puts that character into play for everybody. (But you can add it to a "natural" 3 card set you play to open that character up.)
3) You can play it by itself out of turn during another players turn if they play the "opening set" of that outlaw.

Did I get it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, a photo card plays exactly like a Sheriff card. Note it has a sheriff star on it. You cannot play a sheriff card like Wyatt Earp, and then, for example, play a photo card to get in on an already melded outlaw set. That would be two sheriff cards, not ok.

But 2 and 3 are accurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Windopaene wrote:
No, a photo card plays exactly like a Sheriff card. Note it has a sheriff star on it. You cannot play a sheriff card like Wyatt Earp, and then, for example, play a photo card to get in on an already melded outlaw set. That would be two sheriff cards, not ok.

Unless I am confused, which may be the case, I think that is what I said.

"1) If you play it, you can't have played/play another "Sheriff" card on your turn."

But you can play it on top of a sheriff card played on an earlier turn, (or play a sheriff card on top of it on a later turn) correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bacher
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Okami
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has the same effect as what you said, but wasn't what you said.

Photo cards are sheriff cards, with some additional effects and play triggers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
However, if you play a Wyatt Earp card to search the discard pile, you MAY play a photo card you have found.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What makes you think that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Windopaene wrote:
What makes you think that?

The rules? You can play any Sheriff card you take from the discard pile with a Wyatt Earp:

Quote:
If he chooses a Sheriff card, he may play it immediately (this is the only exception that allows a player to play two Sheriff cards in a turn).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never knew that...

blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.