Popular Tags: [View All]
Caleb Bunch
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any future expansion that will come out for Scythe or is it now complete? I have the 'Invaders from Afar' expansion and would love to see more. Perhaps a new board that creates new options and rules? Please let me know if there is anything on the horizon.
(I hope this isn't something that has already been asked and answered elsewhere. I tried to find the information before posting, but couldn't.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know but I certainly hope so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Caleb,

Check out this recent thread: Future of Scythe.

Lots of brainstorming about what Scythe's future holds, with the designer also contributing some insight to what ideas are being tossed around within the development team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There also seems to be a speculative question looking for information on if there's demand for a second Scythe expansion on Stonemaier's current 'I'm interested in this product' form that telling them you're interested in one of their games that aren't yet out takes you to, so it seems like they're currently gauging demand for one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Since I expect that a lot of people will have marked that "I am interested in a future expansion for Scythe" checkbox, I also expect that there will be a future expansion for Scythe at some point.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's that form: https://goo.gl/forms/U81iaw1mfUT1AAlG3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff T
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy Scythe, but there no way I'm getting anything else substantial into that box. Plus the game feels quite complete. It's hard for me to wish for expansions.

Still I could see a new deck of event cards or a new map being fun. I'm as likely as anyone to buy a new expansion if there is one, but with respect for my very full game shelf, I couldn't bring myself to check the box on that form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would still love a "Rise of the Machines" co-op. Tesla's babies final develop AI and final I.Robot on all neighbouring nations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is always possible to add not-really-changing stuff like:
- new factory cards
- new goals
- new encounters
- new playmats
but not new factions (a Factory player??) or maps (tunnel, lake or factory-linked). The game really feels complete and could become a tournament classic if the content is stable.
But I can imagine that some players could be envy of introducing Japan and Britain but not their own non-central-europe nation, like France, and those could insist on new factions. Even some central european nations could be wishing for addition, like Hungarians. But see the point with Togawa and Albion - on the automa cards the faction abilities are not anything new: some new workers, some new mechs and some character movements, so not really new stuff. The only automa differences are introduces via special rules (flags and traps) and are said to be harder than other Automas.
Scythe is complete as is. Better think of the possible Werewolf game based on Jakub's paintings with a new para-historical setting and new stunning images.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Brock

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New Factions could still be introduced. Just have an alternate Faction for any of the already present colors. "Blue" would be either Nordic or a new Faction, xyz. (This is already done this way in Terra Mystica.) The alternate Faction would have its own Faction ability and different Mech abilitys. They could have additional abilities that use tokens on the board (such as Albion's Flags, or Togawa's Traps). New double-sided Faction boards for each color, that replace the old boards, wouldn't even take up any more box space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brockneil wrote:
New Factions could still be introduced. Just have an alternate Faction for any of the already present colors.

This could also be alternate faction boards for the same factions. We are in Jakob's world, Jamey would probably prefer to not introduce new mythology.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Thanks. Definitely missed this (but just added my $0.02)

brockneil wrote:
New Factions could still be introduced. Just have an alternate Faction for any of the already present colors.

Or, to tweak your idea, subfactions that are thematically tied to the existing faction. Most groups aren't mono-cultural, especially after upheaval. Much like the Soviet revolution wasn't uniformly Marxist (Bakunist and others were involved), the new factions could be alternative manifestations of the same core ideology.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

Thanks. Definitely missed this (but just added my $0.02)

brockneil wrote:

Or, to tweak your idea, subfactions that are thematically tied to the existing faction. Most groups aren't mono-cultural, especially after upheaval. Much like the Soviet revolution wasn't uniformly Marxist (Bakunist and others were involved), the new factions could be alternative manifestations of the same core ideology.

That would be interesting. Something like Command and Conquer Generals PC game where certain generals had different strengths and weakness? Perhaps have workers have different ways of producing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Tomko
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's the next expansion!

https://stonemaiergames.com/games/scythe/scythe-the-wind-gam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.