Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lachlan Allnutt
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmb
How do I implement the extra monster dice i go with my Kickstarter stuff into the game.
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Wong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Take a look at the rectangular card board sheet that have decribtion of monsters, see if the monsters are minor or major, and put it in the doc bag where it belongs; that's how I play with it. Hope it helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lachlan Allnutt
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the prompt reply. Right now I'm going off the rule book from the core box. I didn't get the optional bags or any of the estra dice sets. I just have the extra monster dice from the Kickstarter materials with no documentation on what to do with them. How do I set up the game with these extra dice.
Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brooks
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
allnutty wrote:
Thanks for the prompt reply. Right now I'm going off the rule book from the core box. I didn't get the optional bags or any of the estra dice sets. I just have the extra monster dice from the Kickstarter materials with no documentation on what to do with them. How do I set up the game with these extra dice.
Cheers.

If there is no reference card that tells you if a monster is a minor or major minion, you can go to the kickstarter update for that respective set of dice and it tells you whether the pair is major or minor. I would have expected one die of each to be minor and one major (the die with the generally stronger monsters would be major obviously) as I thought each KS exclusive die was different. However the kickstarter updates seem to be saying each pair is either minor or major.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure this was covered in the KS updates when the dice were unlocked. You have major monsters and minor monsters. You can either: add all of the minors together and all of the majors together for more diverse spawning pools. Or, you can swap out sets of dice for thematic runs.

The undead and infernal dice are minor monsters.
Villain, nameless and Rigor Moris are major monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Boilerman wrote:
...You can either: add all of the minors together and all of the majors together for more diverse spawning pools...

This is what I'm going to do. There were early complaints that co-op was too easy and I think it might have to do with the base-game monsters being designed that way for classic pvp play. I'm personally more interested in co-op and by the looks of the abilities of the other monsters, It looks like they'll pose a greater threat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
Follow me on Twitter: @BoardGameBeacon
mbmbmbmbmb
CharlieX3 wrote:
The Boilerman wrote:
...You can either: add all of the minors together and all of the majors together for more diverse spawning pools...

This is what I'm going to do. There were early complaints that co-op was too easy and I think it might have to do with the base-game monsters being designed that way for classic pvp play. I'm personally more interested in co-op and by the looks of the abilities of the other monsters, It looks like they'll pose a greater threat.

I agree. The base game monsters and the monsters in the Dice Set expansion both existed in the Brazilian Masmorra de Dados, and CMON made very few changes to them, but with the KS exclusive dice I'm excited to see they really got creative with some of the abilities and it looks like some of them are pretty powerful.

I wasn't bothered about the Nameless or Rigor Mortice dice initially, but in looking at their abilities they look like they'll be a lot of fun to play against.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lachlan Allnutt
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmb
I understand which monsters are major and minor. What I don't know are the setup rules when using the extra dice. The manual simply states to "set gold, dice and tokens nearby". this is assuming that I have 8 identical minor dice and 4 identical major dice. The kickstarter bonuses come with 5 sets of 2 new monster dice. There is no documentation on how to incorporate these into the game. Are there step by step rules on how to play the game using these extra monster dice.
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom S
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
allnutty wrote:
I understand which monsters are major and minor. What I don't know are the setup rules when using the extra dice. The manual simply states to "set gold, dice and tokens nearby". this is assuming that I have 8 identical minor dice and 4 identical major dice. The kickstarter bonuses come with 5 sets of 2 new monster dice. There is no documentation on how to incorporate these into the game. Are there step by step rules on how to play the game using these extra monster dice.
Thank you

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you just throw them in the bag with the other dice. I also vaguely remember during the Kickstarter campaign that you can theme the monsters by picking out certain ones if you wanted to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lachlan Allnutt
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmb
Do I draw the dice (8 minor and 4 major) at the beginning of the game and use those for the whole game or do I draw a random dice every time i need to role a monster? Do defeated monsters go back to the bag or so I create a monster discard pile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no specific instructions, so do what you want to do. I'm going to throw them all into their respective bag. (If you don't have a bag, you can use any opaque container, like a mug or cup.)

Defeated monster dice are returned to the bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lachlan Allnutt
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmb
anarchy wrote:
There are no specific instructions, so do what you want to do. I'm going to throw them all into their respective bag. (If you don't have a bag, you can use any opaque container, like a mug or cup.)

Defeated monster dice are returned to the bag.

Ah Thankyou. That is exactly what I wanted to know.
I kind of feel that they should give us some guidelines for them though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After seeing the preview rulebook I contacted CMON about a range of concerns - they addressed some of these concerns in the final rulebook but they did nothing about the specifics of using different monster dice, so yeah, I guess people will have to choose what they'd like to do. I like the idea of doing a series of themed dungeons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brooks
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
argentetbury wrote:
After seeing the preview rulebook I contacted CMON about a range of concerns - they addressed some of these concerns in the final rulebook but they did nothing about the specifics of using different monster dice, so yeah, I guess people will have to choose what they'd like to do. I like the idea of doing a series of themed dungeons.

Why would they address something outside the scope of the core box in the rulebook, especially in regards to kickstarter exclusives? (I realize monsters set is not exclusive, but it is not at retail yet either)

I would have thought people would simply find it intuitive to include minor monsters together and major monsters together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frisches wrote:
Why would they address something outside the scope of the core box in the rulebook, especially in regards to kickstarter exclusives? (I realize monsters set is not exclusive, but it is not at retail yet either)

I would have thought people would simply find it intuitive to include minor monsters together and major monsters together.

I was making reference to the Monsters Dice set as I know not all people playing Masmorra will have backed the Kickstarter. I totally understand why they wouldn't bother putting a piece on the monster dice expansion in the rulebook, it was just on a list of suggestions I had.

However, it leaves it up to people as to how they want to include them, whether they want chuck them all in or do themed games, which is fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Smith
msg tools
My plan is going to be like this. If a monster is defeated, it's not returned to the bag until the bag is emptied or a tile specifically calls for a type of monster. I don't have the largest hands but trying to shuffle all the minors every time you try to grab one from the bag is really tight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wargoat321 wrote:
My plan is going to be like this. If a monster is defeated, it's not returned to the bag until the bag is emptied or a tile specifically calls for a type of monster. I don't have the largest hands but trying to shuffle all the minors every time you try to grab one from the bag is really tight.

Ditto! Those bags are pretty small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ho
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Wargoat321 wrote:

This is how I did it as well, that way, we can cycle through all the monster dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today. I noticed that there's a lot of monster-refrence sheets. Instead of having to give each player the entire stack of monster refrence sheets, I'm going to only put two types of minor minions, and two types of major minions. That way, the players only have 2 monster sheets instead of a stack of 6 of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevyn James
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was curious about this as well, since some of the tiles have specific monsters on them, like the spider, etc. What happens if you are using a theme and not using the core monsters.

Do you have to have the core monsters or can you swap them out entirely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MindlessMuse wrote:
I was curious about this as well, since some of the tiles have specific monsters on them, like the spider, etc. What happens if you are using a theme and not using the core monsters.

I ran a poll asking this question some months ago:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1595608/themed-games-and-sp...

There was a spread of results but I'd be inclined to go for option 2, which is the same as your suggestion above of having the core monsters nearby.

The two other options given were to swap them for different monsters (that'd have to be chosen by those playing) or remove those tiles from the game entirely (which I personally would be reluctant to do).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
argentetbury wrote:
MindlessMuse wrote:

I ran a poll asking this question some months ago:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1595608/themed-games-and-sp...

There was a spread of results but I'd be inclined to go for option 2, which is the same as your suggestion above of having the core monsters nearby.

The two other options given were to swap them for different monsters (that'd have to be chosen by those playing) or remove those tiles from the game entirely (which I personally would be reluctant to do).

I think I will use base monster dice for those specific rooms. I will still need two base minor dice anyway, with the distribution of dice in the KS Exclusive dice pack is how it is (two for Undead, Infernal, Faceless and Villain instead three for Undead/Infernal and one for Faceless/Villain). My themed dungeon will have six Undead/six Infernal dice plus two base minor monster dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.