Subject: Tiles with double doors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Petersen
Denmark
Frederiksberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This question came up in every game i have played of Mad King...

The double door on the 600 size tiles (eg Stable) has at each end of the tile, a double door, that only seems to fit into a) other size 600 tiles, connected to same, double door feature or b) generic hallway - is it required for BOTH of the doors to line-up with a door for the size 600 room to be completed?

In the below example picture, the Stable would never be completed as you have "locked" the rightside double-door with the Hundings Hut, so the Stable will never be completed in this scenario? Or is it enough to just use one of the double doors? I would tend to think it should be both doors needed to connect, this is deliberate, to make the completion / fit of the 600 size tiles more challenging?

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2459587/castles-mad-king-lud...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Williams
United Kingdom
Penkridge
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both doors would need to be connected in order to complete the room - they are treated as separate doors not one double door
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to have both doors connect to complete the room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kendovich wrote:
This question came up in every game i have played of Mad King...

The double door on the 600 size tiles (eg Stable) has at each end of the tile, a double door, that only seems to fit into a) other size 600 tiles, connected to same, double door feature or b) generic hallway

Or c) two rooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You do have to connect both doors, but you can do it with 2 rooms, as downeymb says.

I'll give an example. For ease of reference, here's the picture linked to by the OP:

Look at the East Tapestry Room (the purple one in the top middle). If the upper right door of the Stables, instead of being connected to Hunding's Hut, was connected to the Tapestry Room (where the Formal Gardens is connected) then a number of rooms could be connected to the lower right door of the Stables: the Formal Gardens, the Broom Closet, the Guest Bedroom or the Food Prep room would all fit there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Powder Room and Broom Closet (or any small two rooms) also can easily fit that space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.