Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Benjamin
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

Just found out about this game on the back of playing leaving earth... Can get it on someones KS preorder but just wondering what you get extra by getting the KS version? Or should I just wait for the retail version.

Many Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Denison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dinger22 wrote:
Hi All,

Just found out about this game on the back of playing leaving earth... Can get it on someones KS preorder but just wondering what you get extra by getting the KS version? Or should I just wait for the retail version.

Many Thanks

I dont think anything is kickstarter exclusive on this. If you want to preorder it I think you can on the Ares website or some places like coolstuff have it for preorder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think http://www.hexasim.com/en/ are handling UK distro/ orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dinger22 wrote:
Hi All,

Many Thanks

So far, not a damn thing. And FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. There are no Kickstarter exclusives.
2. Ares/OSS has stopped directly communicating with their Kickstarter backers. (Updates now come via the Ares/OSS newsletter.)
3. The game is over a year late.

Personally, I would not bother with a pre-order. Don't tie up your money. I would wait until the game is actually available and then I'd pick up a copy from somewhere like Cool Stuff, Inc. You can set an alert and receive an email when it is in stock so you don't miss out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, my mileage differs from my esteemed colleagues. I would preorder this if I was you. Eklund/Sierra Madre games have a habit of selling out. I always like to be assured I am getting a game. Coolstuffinc is sold out of Neanderthal, Pax Po, and Pax Ren and doesn't even list Greenland or Pax Pa.

OTOH, I have a sneaking suspicion that quite a few games might show up on the secondhand market once many of the KS backers get their copies and realize to their horror that the game is far heavier than they realized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
Well, the original campaign did say "All of the stretch goals will be included in the retail box. However, there will be some extra items that we will be sending to Kickstarter supporters exclusively. We will make announcements on that shortly." So there's presumably something coming our way. Sadly, they never did announce what the exclusives might be, so it's not clear whether they're still coming or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I dream of getting Exploration reference sheets (not to mention Visions) known from Cyberboard version but this is unlikely with SIGMA 5 certainty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A "Sorry" note in every box for Kickstarter backers would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TedW wrote:
Coolstuffinc is sold out of Neanderthal, Pax Po, and Pax Ren and doesn't even list Greenland or Pax Pa.

OTOH, I have a sneaking suspicion that quite a few games might show up on the secondhand market once many of the KS backers get their copies and realize to their horror that the game is far heavier than they realized.

Neanderthal is over a year old and Greenland is even older. You can usually find SMG games for 3-4 months after the initial release. They are excellent games with limited print runs and do tend to go OOP rather quickly.

I suspect you are right about it being available on the secondary market, but not because the game is too hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gar0u wrote:
TedW wrote:
Coolstuffinc is sold out of Neanderthal, Pax Po, and Pax Ren and doesn't even list Greenland or Pax Pa.

Neanderthal is over a year old and Greenland is even older. You can usually find SMG games for 3-4 months after the initial release. They are excellent games with limited print runs and do tend to go OOP rather quickly.

I suspect you are right about it being available on the secondary market, but not because the game is too hard.

HT might not follow the same trajectory as Bio Genesis but I think your 3-4 months estimate is pretty risky. Phil posted this in November a couple weeks after Bios:G shipped.

phileklund wrote:
Bios: Genesis is almost out of print, and will surely be entirely sold out this month.

Also, very few if any games were sold to distributors, so I doubt that any discount on-line shops will carry the game, except for Funagain who agreed to act as my USA warehouse after I got dropped by PSI.

Again, with the size of the KS print run the supply curve might be appreciably different. OTOH, I think there is more demand for a space game than Genesis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very true.

I forgot how quickly BIOS: Genesis sold out. That game has been in development a long time so maybe that generated a lot of demand. Could be the same situation for High Frontier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Agapow
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
TedW wrote:
Yeah, my mileage differs from my esteemed colleagues. I would preorder this if I was you. Eklund/Sierra Madre games have a habit of selling out. I always like to be assured I am getting a game. Coolstuffinc is sold out of Neanderthal, Pax Po, and Pax Ren and doesn't even list Greenland or Pax Pa.

Sierra Madre games do, for sure. (The lack of availability of Pax Porfiriana and HF2 for such a long time was frustrating.) But this is an Ares production and how many extra copies or what sort of print run they've ordered is unclear. So general availability is unknown. My hunch is that initially there won't be any problem initially, due to people selling on their Kickstarters. Later availability might be dubious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
That is not dead which can eternal lie
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my motivation for backing HF3 on KS, and for staying smug, dumb and happy throughout all of the twists and turns of this Kickstarter: obtaining a copy of High Frontier for something well under $300. Secondary market pricing on this game is just astonishing. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very interested to see what happens to the secondary market price after the 3rd edition is released.

Even with the price around $300, it wasn't enough (perhaps no amount of money is) to separate me from my 2nd edition copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.