Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Cultists of Cthulhu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about wounds, elder sign pieces, trading and horror tracker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge B
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried to run a first game by myself to get the grasp of rules and I have some questions:
About Wounds:
- The game does not seem to provide a way to track wounds.. I wonder if, when you draw a wound token, you are supposed to keep it to track the wound total? Or should you return the token the wounds pool?
- Also, the manual says that some tokens have "additional" effects (e.g; -1 defense). So, do these tokens still add a wound too (even though they don't have the "1 Wound" text in them?). Or do they just apply the effect?

About Elder Sign tokens:
- When you gain an elder sign token, is it drawn randomly or do you chose which piece do you get?

About Trading:
- The manual says that elder sign tokens can be traded "just like other items". However, I can't find the rules describing item trading?...

About horror:
-Does the horror tracker token start at the first space of the horror tracker. (i.e., if the token is in the first space of the horror track, does the character have 0 horror or 1 horror)?

Also, the description of the main entrance tile in setup seems to be wrong or outdated. Not a big problem, though.

Thanks in advance
J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eliot
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You are supposed to keep the wound tokens, yes. That's what the blank circles on the right side of your character sheet are for; you put the tokens there.

The wound tokens with additional effects both inflict a wound and do the additional effect.

The Elder Sign tokens should be drawn randomly.

Here's how trading works: if you are on the same tile as another player, you can, as an action, propose a trade. If they accept, then the two of you may swap as many items, Elder Sign tokens, or artefacts as you like. If they reject your offer, then you have wasted your action.

The horror tracker starts on the topmost spot on the horror track, in effect making you start at 1 horror.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I hope you enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge B
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks
I assumed the wound tokens would go on those spaces, but got a bit confused because they don't really fit there: the tokens are much bigger than the provided spaces, so they don't really fit in the charcater sheet, which made me wonder if that was really the intention.

Thanks for you reply
Cheers,
J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.