Subject: How do you handle 'event tiles' while setup the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathias H
Germany
Pendler zwischen Hessen und Rheinlandpfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played at least three evenings deception, and everytime we includ all event tiles all the time.
Most of them make little sense while setup the game in first round (this even more true if you play without the additional roles)
Do you add them after drawing the first 4 scene tiles to the pile or how do you handle the event cards.
Can I discard the event card and replace it every time or only if the card says so.

Do you first discard a scene tile and draw a new or
do you allow to draw and discard then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Blur wrote:
We played at least three evenings deception, and everytime we includ all event tiles all the time.
Most of them make little sense while setup the game in first round (this even more true if you play without the additional roles)
Do you add them after drawing the first 4 scene tiles to the pile or how do you handle the event cards.
Can I discard the event card and replace it every time or only if the card says so.

Do you first discard a scene tile and draw a new or
do you allow to draw and discard then?

You only add them in after drawing your first 4.

You can only discard it if the card says you can.

Just follow the instructions through, if it says to discard a scene tile first, then do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias H
Germany
Pendler zwischen Hessen und Rheinlandpfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx.
Now I read the same at the correct page of the rules ('Varaints'; last page)

I even could keep them in the pile and ignore the variant tiles in the first round or did it change the gameplay in someway (knowing which event can not occure etc.)?

But the general cases for the forensic scientist is (without event tiles) as pointed out by the rules (Step 2b-I) is to draw first, discard second.

Now I should be rock solid for the next plays, thx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I draw event tiles in the initial set up, I place those tiles aside until I have enough non-event tiles. I then shuffle those back into the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.