Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct me if I am wrong. Whenever the effect of a Burning Token on an Enemy with Flame vulnerability, the enemy will take 2 damage instead of 1. Am I correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite.

A Vulnerability is triggered by the keyword Flame. So if you target an Enemy with a feat that places a Burning token on it, if that feat has the Flame keyword the Enemy may take a Wound there and then if it is Vulnerable to Flame.

The Burning token turns into a Wound at the end of the Defence Phase, but it doesn't have the Flame keyword itself so it doesn't trigger an extra Wound.

If something placed Burning tokens on Enemies but didn't have the Flame keyword (say, certain Active Encounters or Quest/Location effects), then the Vulnerability to Flame wouldn't get triggered at all - though the Enemy would still take a Wound at the end of the Defence Phase for each Burning token on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Z
msg tools
Page 13 of the rulebook states 'if the card used to deal damage.... Then check for vulnerabilities'. Anyone know if only damage dealing effects now trigger vulnerability? This would be a change in the rules from the original Mistfall
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any effects that target Enemies are valid when it comes to Wound placement. All else was perfectly covered by Jonathan (thanks! ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Z
msg tools
Dziękuję! I have been playing as per my understanding of the old rules but wanted to be sure it hadn't changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.