Subject: 2vs2 for a first game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fnorbl Fnorblobson
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every now and the, at the company I work for, we play some boardgame after calling it a day. We'll do so next Monday, will be then four players, and I thought that this sounds like a nice way to gave OMD a first try.

Now, two of the people are not really into cooperative games, while I'm fine with either, so 2vs2 seems to make most sense.

But does that make sense? Since you play both versions of the game, does this mean that, if you haven't played the game already a couple of times, you basically have to look up stuff twice as often? Would you strongly suggest to go purely coop first (meaning probably playing something else next Monday)?

Thanks for your opinions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are identical, bar a few special abilities. Rivalry shouldn't involve any more looking up rules than coop. There's a couple of extra rules for running rivalry, but that's about all.

In either case, I'd suggest running a game or two solo to make sure you've got the rules down before playing with others. The game is pretty straight forward, but there are some bits that I found less than clear first time through. A coop game or two should be plenty.

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.