Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some more questions after today's session:

1} Does Doc's Telekinetic Blast ability check Targeting or is it an automatic hit and we immediately check armor penetration? Manual doesn't say what to do. I have to assume that Doc automatically hits his target because he has an asterisk instead of a Targeting modifier.

2) What modifiers DO affect Telekinetic Blast. Do we use AP Range modifiers for it? Can a player play Support cards to influence that attack at all?

3) Couldn't find anywhere how units that load or unload get marked. If a unit moves and loads, does the carrier get any administrative markers? Likewise, if a carrier moves and unloads does the passenger get any markers? Does this get resolved differently if they don't move at all and only just load/unload?

4) Can a Spiderbot load on a carrier?

5) Does Jack's Insirational ability work when she is a passenger, therefore boosting the carrier's HEF/Targeting rating and all other units within two squares?

6) Do Walkers' shields work in Assault Combat?

7) What exactly happens when walkers' shields get hit during opportunity fire? Does the walker have to stop and lose the rest of its activation?

8) Can a walker taking a hit with his shields in their charging state choose to discard an armor chit instead of losing the shields?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Vasilis,

First off thanks for playing. I know that sometimes it must look like I'm either lazy, don't know how to log in to BGG, or just don't care. Nothing could be further from the truth. I care deeply about NOM, and '65, and Platoon Commander, and managing two companies, and a Magazine, and preparing the Kickstarter for Dark War: Retribution, and the Kickstarter for Platoon Commander Deluxe: Kursk, and explaining that "No, I don't know anything about Lock 'n Load anymore," and... just every once and a while working on something new. So in short, like everyone else, I'm a little busy. :-) But again, thanks for playing and asking insightful questions.

1} Does Doc's Telekinetic Blast ability check Targeting or is it an automatic hit and we immediately check armor penetration? Manual doesn't say what to do. I have to assume that Doc automatically hits his target because he has an asterisk instead of a Targeting modifier.

No targeting.

2) What modifiers DO affect Telekinetic Blast. Do we use AP Range modifiers for it? Can a player play Support cards to influence that attack at all?

MHW: No, AP Range does not affect Telekinetic Blast. You could certainly react with a Light Wounds.

3) Couldn't find anywhere how units that load or unload get marked. If a unit moves and loads, does the carrier get any administrative markers? Likewise, if a carrier moves and unloads does the passenger get any markers? Does this get resolved differently if they don't move at all and only just load/unload?

MHW: In all cases mark moved.

4) Can a Spiderbot load on a carrier?

MHW: Sure, why not? But unless the Handler is within two hexes of them when he employs the Spiderbot power, they can do nothing.

5) Does Jack's Insirational ability work when she is a passenger, therefore boosting the carrier's HEF/Targeting rating and all other units within two squares?

MHW: Yes, it would.

6) Do Walkers' shields work in Assault Combat?

MHW: Of course.

7) What exactly happens when walkers' shields get hit during opportunity fire? Does the walker have to stop and lose the rest of its activation?

MHW: Yes

8) Can a walker taking a hit with his shields in their charging state choose to discard an armor chit instead of losing the shields?

MHW: No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the answers, Mark. I have several players interested in the game but when we sit down and play and they watch me struggle with the rulebook, they get demotivated to play. Your answers are greatly appreciated, as we all want to play the game as intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.