Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ah kaiser
Canada
Woodstock
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read that there will be a PDF map and stickers available for the people who want to leave the board "clear" without all the stickers on it for replay ability.

Does anyone know where and when these will be made available? Will it coincide with the release of the game or can we jump on getting them printed in advance?

Hoping someone can help out, while working under the premise it does not hurt to ask. (Unless you are at Camp Crystal Lake, lost and find a fellow camper wearing a hockey mask...then it is going to hurt to ask...alot!)

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh McDowell
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sent all the reset files to Isaac for approval. Look for them in the coming week or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ah kaiser
Canada
Woodstock
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you

Can't wait for this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Parker

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh great I am glad to hear they did this *thumbs up!*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Octopus
msg tools
I had no idea this was even a thing - cool. I'm not against marking up the board proper, but it's nice to have that option.

Are the stickers going to be something you order separately or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they will just be a pdf that you print, cut and attach in any temporary fashion you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd T
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcscowl wrote:
I just sent all the reset files to Isaac for approval. Look for them in the coming week or so.

Josh, you're just awesome. Quick to respond and so helpful, plus your work is great. Thanks! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Caciolli
Italy
Padua
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultros64 wrote:
I had no idea this was even a thing - cool. I'm not against marking up the board proper, but it's nice to have that option.

Are the stickers going to be something you order separately or something?

are just PDF files with stickers and the map so you can print them and use to restore the campaign and/or to not "ruin" the game material

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam "Rolling Solo" Smith
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Play or interested in the growing world of solo play? Check out youtube.com/RollingSolo
mbmbmbmbmb
Cut out and use sticky tac to put them on the map without it being permanent. Similar to what I do with the Hexcrawl campaign for Shadows of Brimstone. Awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Baker
Canada
Taber
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've decided to play the game on the board with stickers - and then I can print out an additional board / stickers if I want to start again. So, I won't be needing the pdfs for a long time, but I am very grateful that they are being released. It makes it so you can keep playing even afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcscowl wrote:
Can you give a quick explanation about how we'd use the reset files?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
They are fairly self-explanatory. One of them is the map and the other are the stickers you can print in a nearby copy centre on sticker sheet. You will also get a list of what card should be placed to what envelope so you can reset everything.

To enable reset of upgrades you would need to stick stickers not to the cards directly but to the sleeve, that cover them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
They are fairly self-explanatory. One of them is the map and the other are the stickers you can print in a nearby copy centre on sticker sheet. You will also get a list of what card should be placed to what envelope so you can reset everything.

To enable reset of upgrades you would need to stick stickers not to the cards directly but to the sleeve, that cover them.
Gotcha. In that case, I shall have to wait until the reset files are available and get some-but-not-many sleeves, so I can do that. The only problem I have with Pandemic Legacy is the one-campaign-only nature of it, after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Winterfeld
United States
Tecumseh
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcscowl wrote:

Josh, what type of paper do you recommend using to print them on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh McDowell
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all!

I just uploaded all the files for resetting the game or if you just need more of something. It could take a couple of days to get everything approved, so be patient.

What's available:

- An insert guide on how to pack it.
- A reset file that shows what cards go in what boxes. Everything in this file is icons and card numbers. There are some generic names like "attack modifier deck" but nothing that reveals hidden content.
- The world achievement stickers
- The map divided onto Legal (8.5x14 in), Standard (8.5x11), and A4 paper sizes.
- The map location stickers
- Starting class character sheets
- Locked class character sheets. This file contains spoilers, but you can look at the first page without seeing anything other than the class icon and what page that character's files are on.
- Enhancement stickers
- The contents of Envelope B. This also contains spoilers
- The stickers used to seal the envelopes if you'd like to reseal them.

Everything is on standard 8.5x11 inch paper unless otherwise noted.

We're working on also putting up a PDF of the attack modifier deck of cards if you'd like to print them out for a 5th player (which is not officially supported, but Isaac suggests upping the difficulty by 2 if you do).

That's everything. Please let me know if you have any questions or think of anything that may be needed!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
icechamber wrote:
mcscowl wrote:

I plan on just printing the stickers on removable label stock and using them on the original map and cards. They can then be removed and reprinted to reset without having to sleeve cards or print the map.

It would have been nice if the game came with stickers in this kind of label stock instead of the permanent type but self printing will work as well.

This size fits all the game's sticker sheets.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/580826/Avery-White-Rem...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aflorin wrote:
icechamber wrote:
mcscowl wrote:

I plan on just printing the stickers on removable label stock and using them on the original map and cards. They can then be removed and reprinted to reset without having to sleeve cards or print the map.

It would have been nice if the game came with stickers in this kind of label stock instead of the permanent type but self printing will work as well.

There are various options. The best one will depend on the size of the stickers.
http://www.staples.com/removable+labels/directory_removable%...?

I imagine it would add cost to the game had it come with these types of stickers.

The other thing would be a question of how would those stickers hold up over the course of having been applied to the board or cards for months or years at a time. Would they fall off over time? Would they retain their restickable ability over many years? Does Isaac want to deal with a lot of people complainin a year from now that the stickers don't work right and demands for replacements?

In theory it's a nice idea, but for a small publisher, I'm not sure it would be worth the extra costs and potential headaches. Also, not everyone wants to reset the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
aflorin wrote:
icechamber wrote:
mcscowl wrote:

There are various options. The best one will depend on the size of the stickers.
http://www.staples.com/removable+labels/directory_removable%...?

I imagine it would add cost to the game had it come with these types of stickers.

The other thing would be a question of how would those stickers hold up over the course of having been applied to the board or cards for months or years at a time. Would they fall off over time? Would they retain their restickable ability over many years? Does Isaac want to deal with a lot of people complainin a year from now that the stickers don't work right and demands for replacements?

In theory it's a nice idea, but for a small publisher, I'm not sure it would be worth the extra costs and potential headaches. Also, not everyone wants to reset the game.

The price is about the same, at least for retail. But you're right, it probably wasn't worth the effort in case there were issues with longevity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh McDowell
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
icechamber wrote:
mcscowl wrote:

Sorry to not answer this question earlier, I was thinking you meant what size paper, not type of paper. I wasn't ignoring you!

To answer your question... whatever you like?

I guess the character sheets don't need to be on anything more than normal printing paper since you're just recording information. The stickers were intended to be printed on sheets of label paper. The type that's just one big sticker sheet with no cuts on it. The map would probably benefit from being printed on card stock just to make it more durable, or mount it to cardboard or something.

I hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Heidelberg
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcscowl wrote:
I just uploaded all the files for resetting the game or if you just need more of something. It could take a couple of days to get everything approved, so be patient.

Looks like all files have been approved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for these files, i am too carefull with my games to play a real hardcore legacy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh McDowell
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned above, the files are approved and up. I just uploaded the 8.5x11" and A4 sized map today. I wanted them to all be under the same entry as versions rather than each one having it's own entry. They'll hopefully be approved shortly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd T
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh and Isaac have been busy!

Here's a list of the new files added:

Map Board
Achievement Sheet Stickers
Map Location Stickers
Insert Packing Guide
Envelope Seals
Enhancement Stickers
Card Reset Guide
Extra Attack Modifier Deck
Character Sheets- Starting Classes
**SPOILERS** Character Sheets - LOCKED Classes
**SPOILERS** Envelope B Contents
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcscowl wrote:
As mentioned above, the files are approved and up. I just uploaded the 8.5x11" and A4 sized map today. I wanted them to all be under the same entry as versions rather than each one having it's own entry. They'll hopefully be approved shortly!

If it's not too much work, is it possible to add a version of the whole map on one page, in A1 or A2 or so, so that one could print it at a copy shop as one big poster?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BenjoBaker wrote:
I've decided to play the game on the board with stickers - and then I can print out an additional board / stickers if I want to start again. So, I won't be needing the pdfs for a long time, but I am very grateful that they are being released. It makes it so you can keep playing even afterwards.

same here. but would dl and safe for the future. this is awesome that issac and josh are doing this.
Kudos!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.