5 Posts

Andean Abyss» Forums » Rules

Subject: Let FARC etc Safely Sleep rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Carlin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I have only just got around to looking at this, game so forgive me if this has already been dealt with. Also I have only gone through the Tutorial.

Rule 1.4.3 Bases are always active.
As bases are so vital to the non Gov't player their destruction should be a Gov't priority. The trick is to destroy the bases and not activate the Guerrillas. Sweep activates G, but Patrol does not activate G in Cities. Use Patrol to eliminate bases in Cities. Because Sweeps activate G, depending on the number of Gov't forces and terrain use Air Lift to tackle the bases only.

Rule 3.3.4 Is there any point in Terror in the 3 jungle departments with a population of zero? Excepting that AUC terror can cost the Gov't aid.

I am really looking forward to playing this one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe you can terror in a 0 pop department. This is the case in other COIN games, but not sure if it is codified in AA.

I wouldn't say you should eliminate bases without activating guerillas. An active guerilla is far less dangerous than an inactive one. I would say eliminating bases, generally speaking, is good whether you are activating guerillas or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AA most certainly does allow Terror in Pop-0 spaces, allowing FARC Kidnapping and AUC Assassinations to occur there.

Patrol cannot eliminate anything at all from Cities, since its inherent Assault is only allowed on LoCs. (And even if said Assault had been allowed in Cities it would still follow all the standard Assault rules so wouldn't be able to remove Bases until all Guerrillas of that Faction, including the Underground ones, are gone from the space...)

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carlin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks to everyone for help in this matter. No doubt I will be back in the future. I don't think I have played this type of game before. I bought this on the strength of the designer's Wilderness War, which I really like. This looks a really good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loïc Guglielmino
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And during assaults, polices, like troops, can only destroy active guerillas, not underground ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.