Flash Point: Fire Rescue» Forums » Variants

Subject: More variants rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey truong
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow there's a lot of great variants here and I though I'd add some of my own.

Blind Victim
“I’m not going anywhere near there”
Initial Setup: Replace a victim with a blind one.
One extra AP to move victim to a spot adjacent fire or smoke.

Pyrophobic
"I can’t go that way”
Initial Setup: Replace a victim with a pyrophobic one
Once revealed: If next to smoke/fire the victim can not be moved Victim can not be moved next to Smoke/Fire

Paraplegic
One of your victims needs a wheelchair to move properly without utmost care
Initial setup: Replace a victim with a Paraplegic, Roll and add a wheelchair token to target spot. If it is on fire re-roll.
The wheelchair is destroyed if fire appears in it spot. It may be moved without penalty.
On reveal: Paraplegic victims takes 5 AP to move without a wheelchair and 2AP (as usual) with one. They cannot be treated.

Early Response
Your firefighters left the station early
Initial Setup: Replace last explosion tokens with smoke then resolve flashovers
All firefighters start without roles and Adjacent to one another. Two Firefighter must be in the truck.

Fixed Storage Tanks
"Who's idea was it to bolt these to the ground?"
Hazmat's cannot be moved.
Only a Hazmat Technician may remove them from the board.
Or fire.

WIDE RANGE IMAGE TECH
Your image technician has a more powerful yet shorter range imaging system
Image technitian: Identify nowonly reveals all POI’s in the Firefighters current Quadrant

AMBULANCE RECOVERY
Knocked down firefighters need an ambulance to get back up
When a firefighter is knocked down move him to the nearest ambulance spot (not the ambulance), tip his figure and remove all saved AP. On the firefighters turn he only advances fire and replenishes POI.
If the Firefighter is in a spot where the Ambulance is he is immediately revived.Other players may radio the ambulance over

Turbocharged Vehicles
The Firetruck and Ambulance have had their engines upgraded
When moving a vehicle it may be placed in any spot on the board

MIST DECK GUN
Your deck gun expells an airated water stream making it safer for
firefighters in the building

Using the Deck gun does not require a quadrant to be empty of firefighters.

HOTTER FIRES
The buiding is made from thicker and more dense material making fires harder to spread but harder to put out
When resolving explosions stack fire tiles up to two high and add a hot spot instead of radiating outwards. All single fires adjacent to Double stacks flashover to a double stack.
If smoke apears on a double stackresolve radiation as normal.
Double stacks take 4AP to extinguish.

HERE AND NOW
The firefighters have had a long day and have little strength
No AP may be saved

Devilish fire
“Some say fire is the devil’s work”
If there isn’t any fire on the board at the end of your turn advance the fire an additional time.
--------------
The last one is good when playing with new players on an easier difficulty, keeps something on the board for the more experienced ones.

Thank to josh and Brandon D from other threads for the image technician idea and ambulance inspiration.

Using the other Varients on this forum I'd love to have a deck of Varient cards with an indicator of how much more difficult or easier the card makes the game (-5 to +5). So multiple cards may be used.

Edit:
Paraplegic
One of your victims needs a wheelchair to move properly without utmost care

Initial setup: Replace a victim with a Paraplegic, Roll and add a wheelchair token to target spot. If it is on fire re-roll.
The wheelchair is destroyed if fire appears in it spot. It may be carried without penalty.

On reveal: Paraplegic victims takes 5 AP to move without a wheelchair and 2AP (as usual) with one. They cannot be treated.

Auction house

"Open house"
Initial setup: All doors are open

Collapsed foundation
"Sir I can't move there"
Initial setup: Single floor only. Roll for 3 random cracks in the ground. These are impassable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.