Guillaume Courtemanche
Canada
Bois-des-filion
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

I stumbled upon these while enriching my star wars expanded universe knowledge and understanding. Anyway, it really reminded me a of a Gloomhaven character.

Please note, this is a concept art apparently made for Rogue One. Although, it does not appear in the movie (to my knowledge) I guess it might in the next ones. So, if you are extremely spoiler anal sensitive don't flame me for it, you've been warned. That being said if you are but just a tad annoyed about spoilers, don't worry, proceed to the picture it won't matter at all and I think it is interesting to this thread.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Here:

Is it just me or they've totally copied it looks a bit like Isaac's/Alexandr's(Definitive Gloomhaven's spoilers) Brute/Inox?
Sorry Isaac, you almost made a ton of money by suing Disney.
(edit: yeah.. it's not that close looking, apparently, after all.)

Now here's the source of this picture. From what I could find it comes from a book called The Art of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
And I found the actual picture on these websites (High spoiler potential here):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Kester
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Hmmm. Look at this Rogue One concept art (** Potential Spoiler **)
Not really. They don't really look that similar. Sure they are fantasy creatures but I wouldn't say this looks that much similar to say Magic or any other fantasy world. First thing when I saw your image is I thought of The Old Republic Online which was before gloomhaven.

Is this what you're wanting to compare the image too? https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic2586084.png

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ObsoleteThree wrote:
Not really. They don't really look that similar. Sure they are fantasy creatures but I wouldn't say this looks that much similar to say Magic or any other fantasy world. First thing when I saw your image is I thought of The Old Republic Online which was before gloomhaven.

Is this what you're wanting to compare the image too? https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic2586084.png

If you're right about the image he's comparing to, then I have to agree- they don't look similar at all, other than the fact that they're both humanoid and they both have three things sprouting out of their heads.

Maybe the OP is referring to a different Gloomhaven image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can totally see why the OP was reminded of Gloomhaven's Inox.

They're different enough that it's clear that the similarity is a coincidence, but there definitely is a similarity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Courtemanche
Canada
Bois-des-filion
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah... I guess you guys are right.. I posted it as soon as I saw the picture without taking a look back at the brute. I guess it's true that side by side the only similarity is the humanoid form and the three thingies on the head.

I don't know, I guess it's the first thing that popped in my mind when I saw the picture. It is also true that I unconsciously spell out Gloomhaven in my alphabits bowl at breakfast and that I have Gloomhaven's shipping vessel tracking tab open while I'm at work.

...sigh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Courtemanche
Canada
Bois-des-filion
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gswp wrote:
I can totally see why the OP was reminded of Gloomhaven's Inox.

They're different enough that it's clear that the similarity is a coincidence, but there definitely is a similarity.

Thanks...

heheh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.