Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam "Rolling Solo" Smith
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Play or interested in the growing world of solo play? Check out youtube.com/RollingSolo
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering whether owners/fans of this game have ever put together a rules summary of the official rule book.

I'm aware the official ones aren't released in PDF form because of the art, but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm more interested in a fan made rules summary (no art) which takes up a large portion of the official rule book.

Similar to how OrderofGamers make rules summaries to make games more concise and easier to handle during play.

Anyone know of such a thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just came here to say that I love the work of UniversalHead (from the Esoteric Order of Gamers).

If anyone doesn't know about him, here's his web site: http://www.orderofgamers.com/

He has foam core insert plans for many games, and gorgeous PDF rule references for many games (you can often also find these in the BGG files sections).

Edit: I asked him about doing a KD:M rules reference via the contact form on his site, so don't all go spam him with the same request.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Play or interested in the growing world of solo play? Check out youtube.com/RollingSolo
mbmbmbmbmb
KevBelisle wrote:
I just came here to say that I love the work of UniversalHead (from the Esoteric Order of Gamers).

If anyone doesn't know about him, here's his web site: http://www.orderofgamers.com/

He has foam core insert plans for many games, and gorgeous PDF rule references for many games (you can often also find these in the BGG files sections).

Edit: I asked him about doing a KD:M rules reference via the contact form on his site, so don't all go spam him with the same request.

Already did this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be amazing if he did something with an insert and the rules. If he has done the rules on a game I never even bother with the official rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Summary: make decisions, roll dice, people die.

There are more details, but it usually works out like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
The structure and flow itself is all pretty straightforward. It's the glossary I have to keep a thumb in. And the knockback pages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there's no need for a rules summary.
The rules are fairly simple. You read them in the rulebook, then play through the intro scenario, and you're good to go.

If something's unclear, there's an excellent glossary at the end of the rulebook. We didn't need anything else.

What helps speed up the game is if you print out the severe injury table. Can be found in the files section on BGG.

Also the new rulebook will come with three integrated cloth bookmarks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frozen Flesh wrote:
I think there's no need for a rules summary.
The rules are fairly simple. You read them in the rulebook, then play through the intro scenario, and you're good to go.

If something's unclear, there's an excellent glossary at the end of the rulebook. We didn't need anything else.

What helps speed up the game is if you print out the severe injury table. Can be found in the files section on BGG.

Also the new rulebook will come with three integrated cloth bookmarks.

Ah, good to know.

I was thinking it would be handy to have a lighter less page heavy rule book while playing the game. Essentially the official one as it is now with the art taken out for quicker reference and size. Would probably cut the book in half for size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb

I still think a single page rules reference would be quite useful.

If you don't play the game for a few days / weeks / months and come back, you'll likely remember the general rule, but might not remember how exactly that one ability works.

I've got rules references printed out for many games much simpler than KD:M, and I refer to them quite often since I don't play them 3 times a week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.