Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scythe only recently got on my radar after realizing it would be a better fit for my group than I had previously imagine.

Nevertheless, I can wait till around the 17th for stock to roll back in, but I'd also be willing to pay a bit more in shipping if any smaller shops in the US or Canada have one too (but not the scalper prices on Amazon).

Anybody have a lead? Crickets wouldn't surprise me, but I'd be silly not to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't seen anything online for retail price in awhile. My wife found me a copy at a game coffee shop just before Christmas. I would try to seek out some of the lesser frequented places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the full list of retailers who typically carry our products. I doubt many of them have Scythe in stock right now, but it's worth a check if there's one in your area: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OJeVJ9_JmgyADQUnVl1Q...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend browsing the stores Jamey posted and call them to see.

My boyfriend works in NYC and called about four stores asking if they had Scythe (two days before Christmas) and they basically laughed at him. But one store in Brooklyn had it; he made the three hours round trip and got it!

So, call. You might get lucky!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to scrounge a copy on eBay shipped from Prague to Ohio for a total of a bit less than any of the retail prices (out of stock or otherwise) I was seeing from the usual suspects. So you might just keep an eye out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McKee
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy from BoardgameBliss.com in Ontario arrived on Wednesday, when I ordered it they showed they had at least 5 copies left, not sure if that’s still the case but worth trying there – they also had the promo cards and power dials show up after my order shipped, so I have those on order that should arrive next week

Pretty reasonable pricing (72.00 cdn) which is what now, about 4 dollars US? damn Canadian dollar keeps dropping.

**edit - just double checked and they're showing sold out now, sorry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to note on this thread, the fourth printing did arrive at our broker's warehouse yesterday, but they are estimating that the date retailers will get it is January 24, not January 17 as I had originally estimated. It just depends on how quickly they process it, how quickly FedEx freight picks it up and delivers it to distributors, and how quickly distributors send it to retailers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Foster
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came across a copy this past Saturday at my FLGS. They said that they seem, for whatever reason, to get in 1 copy every two weeks. I guess I got lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing, Joe. It's weird that a distributor would release their copies of Scythe so slowly to a retailer. Maybe that will change after they get more copies next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.