BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Magazine Game Protectors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike H

Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had magazine games delivered to me in large plastic ziplocs. Is there a protector that people use the most? a few of mine are beginning to rip and looking for replacments, possibly thicker packaging. Suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get a hanging file box/container.

Three ring binder with plastic or nylon zippered pouches for smaller games.

Boxes from the local UHaul. They have special boxes for lots of things like dishes and stuff that could work well.

Empty boxes from game publishers. Yes, some have them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently discovered (Office Depot) "clear ultra expandable sheet protectors" that are prepped for 3 ring binders and are 3.3 mils thick. They top load and can hold up to 100 sheets each. I bought a 25 count pack. I am using them for magazine wargames and am pleased so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, are these something that would fit in magazine bags?
https://www.amazon.com/Resealable-Magazine-Bag-100-count/dp/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaultBoy wrote:
Just curious, are these something that would fit in magazine bags?
https://www.amazon.com/Resealable-Magazine-Bag-100-count/dp/...

Now that looks interesting. I read the Amazon comments for that item. One person said they stored 3/4" thick wood signs in them without trouble but thought anything thicker and you might have difficulty fitting it in the bag. I will likely buy a pack of these and try them out. The only downside for me is that they don't have the three-hole punch on the side for me to then store them in binders for magazine game usage. Thanks, VaultBoy, for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.