Subject: Losing Life rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rudy priecinsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) When I loose life, can I choose die in one-time slot even if I have another available die ? Can I remove die from Casualty Action Slot ?

2) According to rules "Character is killed when player has no more Action Dice to remove from the game". Is this the moment when I remove last dice or (later) moment when I have to remove the dice and have no dice left ?

3) If my last dice is allocated on Casualty Actio Slot...am I killed the moment it is removed from the game (Phase 6) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Valdez
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I can tell in the rules and throughout the forum, if you lose your third point of health, you lose one die, which can come from anywhere on the board. If you're losing a life in the action phase, I would imagine taking it off a red slot is good, and at least temporarily beneficial. If you're in the planning phase, it shouldn't matter.

On that note, I believe if you lose your third life point and you're on your last die, it doesn't matter where the die is. You still lose your last die, meaning your character dies and the game is over, ending in a loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rudy priecinsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nayr090 wrote:
which can come from anywhere on the board.

Hm, this is quite strange as you 'save' one life this way if you choose die placed on Casualty Action Slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neils Madsen
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rudy3 wrote:
Nayr090 wrote:
which can come from anywhere on the board.

Hm, this is quite strange as you 'save' one life this way if you choose die placed on Casualty Action Slot.

Actually you would not 'save' one life, you'd simply prevent yourself from completing the objective that had a Casualty Action Slot. The only places you'll find Casualty Action Slots are on objectives (specifically Demolition Objectives).

As objectives are not cleared until after the Action Phase you could certainly remove the die you lose by taking damage from one of the Demolition Tiles. Though this would prevent you from completing the objective so it would be detrimental as you'd just have to complete the objective again in a later turn.

There's no way to avoid losing the dice you spend on a Casualty Action Slot without canceling the benefit you would've gained from putting it there in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.