Dan Mixer
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Link for the win!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that an infantry stand with the Anti Tank badge gets +3 damage and +3 range. If you have a stand of Elite Infantry, each with a combat of 2, and stick on an Anti Tank badge, does that mean that that infantry stand now has an 11 strength attack with a range of 3 against vehicles?

Thats the way we read it, but that makes a guy with a little bazooka more powerful then a Sherman Tank. I know, I know, range and speed, etc. But still seems a bit much.

Anyone have some input on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fristrom
United States
Watertown
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Not quite. Remember, elites still only have 1 fire power against vehicles, so a stand with anti-tank specialization would only have 7 firepower against vehicles, with 3 range. Pretty good, but not quite as good as a Sherman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Mixer
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Link for the win!
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so we were reading it right, just had the base dice down. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The anti-tank specialization gives 3 range, not +3 range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From my experience playing thus far, the anti-tank squad gives a very good extra oomph to deal with a tank. You still need a regular squad or two helping out. If acting alone, the anti-tank squad is not enough to deal with the tank and the return fire will likely obliterate the squad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:
From my experience playing thus far, the anti-tank squad gives a very good extra oomph to deal with a tank. You still need a regular squad or two helping out. If acting alone, the anti-tank squad is not enough to deal with the tank and the return fire will likely obliterate the squad.

How can a regular squad help out? It's unlikely to be at range 1, and at longer range it just makes the attack worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant to say unit, not squad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.