Thumb up
1 Posts

Memoir '44» Forums » Sessions

Subject: 1st Memoir '44 game session rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Atmaja
flag msg tools
Hi guys I just bought (finally) a copy of Memoir '44 from my FLGS !
this is my first hex-grid wargame as I usually play miniature games.

today I called my cousin to try out the game
we played a short introductory game of pegasus bridge with me being the axis and him the allied. I lost the game with 4 victory medals to 3

then we decided to try out the 2nd scenario provided in the rulebook, st. mere eglise. as both player already understand the mechanic from the 1st game, the game run smoothly this time. here is the report:

early game:
luckily for the allied, they get a really accurate drop as all four infantry figures landed safely on the board, surrounding the town of st. mere eglise and besieged my infantry inside it.
as my tanks rolled in from the nearby town of fouville, supported with some infantry, the allied decided to ignored them and surround my troops on the other side of the board (near neuville au plain)

mid game:
on my left flank my tanks led the main thrust to st. mere eglise and kill and routed some infantry guarding the town.
my infantry on the right flank was really under serious attacks as most of his forces was directed towards them. Surprisingly they managed to survive, thanks to good dice roll and a tactical error from the allied player

end game:
the arrival of my infantry from fouville into st.mere eglise put an end for the allied as they were trapped from both side (left and right flank)
result: decisive victory for the Germans ! (score of 4 to 1)

Wow the game is really simple to setup and play unlike most other boardgame. although the combination of cards and dice means luck is involved a lot, this game is great ! Cant wait to try out another scenario !

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.