Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Gallagher
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I am not sure if France can build a mercenary in an allied Scotland.
22.3 says that a major can use the Raise regular troop action to buils a Scottish unit. But what about Mercs? It doesn't say you can't build mercs it just lists an additional capability to buils minors. Other rules say that an Ally's territory is the same as the major.
I presume I can build a merc in Scotland then.

Mike G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
No, you can only build your power's units in your own Home spaces. The ability to build minor ally REGULARS (and squadrons) in their minor country home spaces is a special case.

So building of mercs for your power in allied territory is not permitted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallagher
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, I will adjust. This would mean can not build a unit in Milan as the French either I presume . Milan stated in my control and Turin has been converted to French political control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Correct about Milan ... and very important to the French of course. You'll have to draw Foreign Recruits, Charles Bourbon, Landsknechts, or Swiss Mercs to add units directly to Milan. Spring Preparations also allows you to deploy troops into Italy. Without any of these, you'll have to spend CP to march over the Alps...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Mele
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Spring deployment cannot cross mountain pass. How will you reach Milan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Ed was tallking about Spring Preparations, which does allow you to cross mountain passes.

But yeah, normal spring deployment won't get you there, you have to move there using a card. In the 1517 scenario you have troops there already a start, but more is good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning" - Dr. Reiner Knizia
mbmbmbmbmb
"More is good," he says.

In the PBEM game we're playing, he's the Hapsburg and at the start of Turn 1 he crossed the Alps from Vienna and just took Milan. A daring move!

[Insert gratuitous showing off of my cool new avatar here.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, actually I think that was a bit of a blunder. I weakened the Viennese defences and ended up handing Milan back to France for free in order to retake Vienna (not that that has happened yet either!). I suppose it hurt France too, but I'm not sure a weak France is really in my interests anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Mele
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you need a player in your next PBEM game drop me a line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.