Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Morse
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Gengar in Hawaii
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is for general comments, discussion and announcements about the Total Con 31 No-Ship Math Trade.

Short Rules: Play nice. Watch the deadlines. Have fun!

Start here: Total Con 31 No-Ship Math Trade - Items Offered

Note that we WILL be using the OLWLG but it takes a little while to get our trade listed there.
I'll post a new message to this thread when it is available. <- DONE. See below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Gengar in Hawaii
mbmbmbmbmb
We are now up on OLWLG and I've performed the first synch with the Offered Items geeklist.

I'll be synching at least once a day, perhaps more, as long as I notice activity.

p.s. Please TIP JeffyJeff some GG for maintaining the OLWLG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy VanSchalkwyk
United States
Raynham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Lasers!
badge
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,

Just a quick note: in the header to the "items for trade" geeklist, the link at the top for the discussion thread does indeed lead here...however, at the bottom of the header, a similar discussion thread link leads to the 2015 trade discussion. Just thought you'd want to fix (or just remove) that!

Thanks for putting this together... I'm so glad it's almost TotalCon time again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Gengar in Hawaii
mbmbmbmbmb
JeremyVS wrote:
Chris,

Just a quick note: in the header to the "items for trade" geeklist, the link at the top for the discussion thread does indeed lead here...however, at the bottom of the header, a similar discussion thread link leads to the 2015 trade discussion. Just thought you'd want to fix (or just remove) that!

Thanks for putting this together... I'm so glad it's almost TotalCon time again!

Fixed. Thanks, Jeremy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Oz
United States
Litchfield
NH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, Do you know if there will be a BGG auction for TotalCon31?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Gengar in Hawaii
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there will be an auction.

Not sure when it's starting, but the plan is that it will close a few days after the math trade so you can move over any untraded games.

And there will also be a flea market on site. The deadline to submit items to the flea market will be a couple of days past the end of the auction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kircher
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
noz1 wrote:
Chris, Do you know if there will be a BGG auction for TotalCon31?

Yup, just started today.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/220538/total-confusion-20...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gon
msg tools
I'm having trouble with the Math Trade. I'm logged in and my collection has been synced, but after submitting my wants, as per step 4 in the OWLWLG, my collection isn't showing up. In addition I noticed that I'm not included as one of the users involved in Total Con 31 Math Trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
powdertoast wrote:
I'm having trouble with the Math Trade. I'm logged in and my collection has been synced, but after submitting my wants, as per step 4 in the OWLWLG, my collection isn't showing up. In addition I noticed that I'm not included as one of the users involved in Total Con 31 Math Trade.

Once you add games you have to wait till Chris syncs the list with the OLWLG before your stuff will show up in the trade. So far I think he's been syncing the list every couple of days. Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Gengar in Hawaii
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm syncing the list once per day, as long as I see activity.

As for submitting your want list, you're way early. You can't officially submit your wants until after I've closed the list to new offers. That won't happen for three weeks still. I just reread the OLWLG quickly (very quickly -- it's really late) and it talks about working on your want list, but that has to be something else from submitting, I think.

In short, I don't really understand what you're trying to do. Can you describe in a little more detail, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gon
msg tools
Hi Chris,

I've offered 4 titles to this Math Trade. They are line items 161 - 164. However, when I use "Step 3" to try and add a want, the prompt is asking me "Which of your game would you trade for?" in this window I do not see any of my games that I listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Gengar in Hawaii
mbmbmbmbmb
powdertoast wrote:
Hi Chris,

I've offered 4 titles to this Math Trade. They are line items 161 - 164. However, when I use "Step 3" to try and add a want, the prompt is asking me "Which of your game would you trade for?" in this window I do not see any of my games that I listed.

Your items didn't appear in step 3 because they were added to the list this morning. Now that I've re-synched the list you will see them in the master list. Note that you may need to click on the link at the end of the following sentence on the Step 3 page of the OLWLG to view the entire list. (The link is in OLWLG, not here.): "You are only viewing new items added since you last viewed this page. If you would like to view the entire list click here"

Step 4 does not show anything yet, and I don't believe it will until I've closed out the Offering Stage and opened up Wants. I don't know why the page seems to imply you can start adding wants now. If any of our really experienced math traders know differently, please speak up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corrino22 wrote:
Step 4 does not show anything yet, and I don't believe it will until I've closed out the Offering Stage and opened up Wants. I don't know why the page seems to imply you can start adding wants now. If any of our really experienced math traders know differently, please speak up.

Once someone has there items in the trade they can begin to select games they are willing to trade for. These games will show up, along with your games for trade, if you select step four. The only thing you can't do is submit your want list until the wants are opened up. Hope that makes sense.

Also let friends know about the math trade and encourage them to add some games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gon
msg tools
Thanks Chris. Its working now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Gengar in Hawaii
mbmbmbmbmb
Two and a half more days to add items!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Oz
United States
Litchfield
NH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bummer. I forgot this closed tonight. I went to add some games on my phone using the OLWLG add games feature but says Invalid Action. If this were to stay open a few more hours I can add more games when I get home. If not I understand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Gengar in Hawaii
mbmbmbmbmb
30 minutes to go!

Am I going to get the traditional last-minute plea for more time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corrino22 wrote:
30 minutes to go!

Am I going to get the traditional last-minute plea for more time?

Have a heart Chris, we need more games to trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Gengar in Hawaii
mbmbmbmbmb
noz1 wrote:
bummer. I forgot this closed tonight. I went to add some games on my phone using the OLWLG add games feature but says Invalid Action. If this were to stay open a few more hours I can add more games when I get home. If not I understand.

Amazing timing, Nick!

... And I almost called it the "Nick Oz Traditional Plea" for more time! laugh

Seriously, I have no problem adding a few hours. I'm pretty sure everybody would rather have more game choices than have me stick to a rigid schedule.

And now you've got Will on your side. Okay, I'll cut you some slack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Gengar in Hawaii
mbmbmbmbmb
I live to serve...

Offers Deadline Extended 12 Hours - Now Saturday, Feb 11, at 9 AM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bravo Chris!!!

Nick if by chance your copy of Orleans is the standard version could you add it to the trade???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Gengar in Hawaii
mbmbmbmbmb
Offers List is now locked down.
> You cannot add new items.
> You can add comments to your items or others.
> You MUST not delete items. Even if you're removing them from the trade. Just add a comment and don't submit wants for the removed item.

Want Lists are open in the OLWLG. Give it a try right now by adding one item and post here if you have any problems.

Test Trade Run: Monday night, February 13, some time after 9 PM. Will report number of trades per trader, but not games traded.

Final Deadline for Want Lists: Wednesday, February 15, 9 PM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
Corrino22 wrote:
Offers List is now locked down.
> You cannot add new items.
> You can add comments to your items or others.
> You MUST not delete items. Even if you're removing them from the trade. Just add a comment and don't submit wants for the removed item.

Want Lists are open in the OLWLG. Give it a try right now by adding one item and post here if you have any problems.

Test Trade Run: Monday night, February 13, some time after 9 PM. Will report number of trades per trader, but not games traded.

Final Deadline for Want Lists: Wednesday, February 15, 9 PM

thanks Chris! Sorry for being a problem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Gengar in Hawaii
mbmbmbmbmb
REMINDER: Test run of the math trade will be tonight. You have until 9 PM to submit your want lists if you want to take part. This is the ONLY test run we will be having.

As in past years, I will post results of who made trades and how many items each person traded. I will not post specific items.

You are NOT locked into the choices you submit for the test run. (Otherwise, what would be the point.) You can change your wants and resubmit any time up until the final deadline, Wednesday night at 9 PM.

BTW, when you submit, you should receive an automated response geekmail response from the OLWLG. If you don't get one, try again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Gengar in Hawaii
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm... I've been unable to log on to the OLWLG over the last hour. Keep getting a time out message. Anybody else having trouble?

Going out now but will try again about 8:30.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.