Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like a fun series of minigames and the creator seems to have modelled the action in the film well for each; however, several of the minigame rules seem a bit vague in spots.

Mingame 1: TANK ESCAPE
Ok

Minigame 2: LIGHT CESTA
"Bounce"? I assume that bouncing off the ceiling is flavor text and not intended to affect the play, but can the ball be bounced off the side walls with diagonal shots of sufficient range?
Also, there's a reference to "deflect" here that seems erroneous.
Exactly what derezzes a ring isn't specified, does it derez if the player missed the ball (is unable to grab it)? It might be cool to lay a 4x1 piece of paper/plastic over the column that the ball was in to mark the loss and make the player jump over it subsequently (just a suggestion).

Minigame 3: TRON DISCS
Ok (nice mechanics)

Minigame 4: LIGHT CYCLES
Am I correct in assuming that all 3 "good" guys need to survive for a win? I'd be tempted to allow the Tron-side to lose Ram and still win (although Ram survives the race, he bites it shortly thereafter in the film and doesn't play a part in any of the later scenes represented in these minigames).

Minigame 5: SOLAR SAILOR SIMULATION
Does the Solar Sailor need to be hit 4 times (as stated in MOVE PHASE) or 3 times (as per FIRE PHASE)? As the bugs can't shoot, I'm tempted to believe MOVE PHASE.

Minigame 6: MESA BATTLE
I assume that Flynn's starting square should be a corner and represents being "in the carrier". Can he return once he leaves, or is he only safe from discs until he moves?
Although this minigame doesn't specify, presumably diagonal moves/shots are permitted?
"Gaint" should be "Giant"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.