Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Beds & Bucks Gamers» Forums » General

Subject: Wednesday 11th January rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be there for 5.30 this week.

I'm happy to finish off Time Stories but if people want to have a break I'm easy.

I'll bring Terraforming Mars and The Pursuit of Happiness again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Olney
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I will bring my sparkling personality and Mexica (although I believe I'm also committed to Kemet and Imperial Assault!)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tufty McTavish
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
I'll be there, probably for early doors too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too. I'm also committed for Kemet but mercifully have been excused Imperial Assault.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Atkins-Carter
England
flag msg tools
I will be there, definitely up for Imperial Assault if there is room for me
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Horn
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there for 5.30. I'll bring Inis, which I've been waiting to try since August, and Star Wars: Imperial Assault, for which I thought we would get a new campaign going (as I'm assuming Gali is going to be preoccupied with another legacy game? I hope that's OK?) .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Walker
msg tools
mbmbmb
Im definitely up for imperial assault, think its now time for some mission madness!!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be there for 5:30. Wouldn't mind having a go at Inis!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gali Limonova
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
MartinHorn wrote:
I'll be there for 5.30. I'll bring Inis, which I've been waiting to try since August, and Star Wars: Imperial Assault, for which I thought we would get a new campaign going (as I'm assuming Gali is going to be preoccupied with another legacy game? I hope that's OK?) .

I think there are rebels out there more committed to the cause than my humble self. Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for kicking Imperial a$$ but if there's time travelling to be done, that's where my heart will be!

Guy, Mark, John, if you're all up for finishing TIME stories, let's do it. If not, I'd love to finally try Terraforming Mars if there's space.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Erlina wrote:

Guy, Mark, John, if you're all up for finishing TIME stories, let's do it. If not, I'd love to finally try Terraforming Mars if there's space.


Sounds like a plan!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stewart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fatboyguy wrote:
Erlina wrote:

Guy, Mark, John, if you're all up for finishing TIME stories, let's do it. If not, I'd love to finally try Terraforming Mars if there's space.


Sounds like a plan!


I really want to finish TIME stories but I promised Rob I would be in for Kemmet last year so I am committed there. Plus I really wanna smash some monsters back doors in.

I will bring it just in case though. Oh and of course Abyss will be in my bag to wow
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sylvar wrote:
Plus I really wanna smash some monsters back doors in.


Now that's something you don't hear every day.

Sylvar wrote:
Oh and of course Abyss will be in my bag to wow


....but that is!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be there.
Once again, I'll bring Clank!, City of Spies, Lorenzo Il Magnifico and a couple of others. I REALLY want to play Clank! again this week
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvar wrote:
fatboyguy wrote:
Erlina wrote:

Guy, Mark, John, if you're all up for finishing TIME stories, let's do it. If not, I'd love to finally try Terraforming Mars if there's space.


Sounds like a plan!


I really want to finish TIME stories but I promised Rob I would be in for Kemmet last year so I am committed there. Plus I really wanna smash some monsters back doors in.

I will bring it just in case though. Oh and of course Abyss will be in my bag to wow


I am going to be bringing Kemet - It looks like we have a full game with James, Chris and potentially Mark if he doesn't get lost in a quantum leap (Oh Boy!)

I should be there before 6 and will also bring The Grizzled again in case anyone fancies a go (having now found out that I misread a rule which should make the whole thing a little more difficult!)shake

Byeeee


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Change of plan for me - not been able to shake nasty cold, so will have to bail.

Have fun, and see you all next week, hopefully!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Still stuck in the office. Looks like I'll not make it this week
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tufty McTavish
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
2 games of Codenames Pictures, 1 of Incan Gold, and 2 games of Inis!

Martin romped to the win in the first game of Inis, but it was much more brutal in the second. We didn't quite have enough time to finish this second round, but at the end when we called it Martin was again in the stronger position. He'd pulled me off a win and moving in himself. Darn.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Atkins-Carter
England
flag msg tools
TuftyMcTavish wrote:
2 games of Codenames Pictures, 1 of Incan Gold, and 2 games of Inis!

Martin romped to the win in the first game of Inis, but it was much more brutal in the second. We didn't quite have enough time to finish this second round, but at the end when we called it Martin was again in the stronger position. He'd pulled me off a win and moving in himself. Darn.



Inis was an EXCELLENT game
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Please bring it again - I really would like to play sometime!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We started with 2 games of Codenames: Pictures, which I think I prefer over the original. It's easier to come up with clues and a therefore more relaxing.

5 people broke of for what looked to be an epic game of Kemet and we had a quick 8 player Diamant. I have never played this with 8 and it makes it far more brutal. Good fun.

The main event for me was the brilliant Terraforming Mars. My 3rd play of this. I really do love this one and it is still my GOTY for 2016. John and I had very green strategies, Chris was Mr. Energy and Craig was more varied. I managed to take the win but it was a very close game only a 10 VP spread from 1st to last.

As I left a game of The Grizzled was well under way. Another one I'd like to try!

Roll on next week!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On the noisy table we played Rob's Kemet which is set in ancient Egypt.

Each player is a tribe. You need to occupy temples to get goodies and VPs but this invites attacks from the other players' armies. You can teleport your troops between pyramids and obelisks and get an assortment of fabled creatures to help you. It's a war game that is actually a disguised Euro. You place workers to do stuff and use manna to buy tiles that give you benefits. The battles are determined by playing a small, recyclable deck of cards - a nice mechanism for non-wargamers.

Mark took Rob at his word that this was a game about slapping opponents and started fighting all over the board which wrecked him for the rest of the game. Rob bought a giant cockroach and terrorised everybody. Mark tried to get manna. Meanwhile Gali, James and I formed a covert alliance and proceeded to pick on Rob. Mark was trying to get manna. Gali and James had a few friendly tussles over temples while Mark tried to get manna. Rob sacrificed his troops that displeased him and meantime Mark was trying to get manna. In the end Gali staged a cleverly constructed set of VPs with only Rob and his cockroach between her and victory. Rob's cockroach went on strike and Mark was still trying to get manna.

Kemet is actually a great game. But don't ask Mark.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stewart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kitsto wrote:
On the noisy table we played Rob's Kemet which is set in ancient Egypt.

Each player is a tribe. You need to occupy temples to get goodies and VPs but this invites attacks from the other players' armies. You can teleport your troops between pyramids and obelisks and get an assortment of fabled creatures to help you. It's a war game that is actually a disguised Euro. You place workers to do stuff and use manna to buy tiles that give you benefits. The battles are determined by playing a small, recyclable deck of cards - a nice mechanism for non-wargamers.

Mark took Rob at his word that this was a game about slapping opponents and started fighting all over the board which wrecked him for the rest of the game. Rob bought a giant cockroach and terrorised everybody. Mark tried to get manna. Meanwhile Gali, James and I formed a covert alliance and proceeded to pick on Rob. Mark was trying to get manna. Gali and James had a few friendly tussles over temples while Mark tried to get manna. Rob sacrificed his troops that displeased him and meantime Mark was trying to get manna. In the end Gali staged a cleverly constructed set of VPs with only Rob and his cockroach between her and victory. Rob's cockroach went on strike and Mark was still trying to get manna.

Kemet is actually a great game. But don't ask Mark.


I NEED MORE MANA!!!!!

I think a second go might change my mind, I preferred our depressing game of Grizzled with Clumsy Frenzied Chris
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sylvar wrote:
I preferred our depressing game of Grizzled with Clumsy Frenzied Chris

Clumsy Frenzied Chris is a big improvement over Dogging Chris (Martin, I'm looking at you!).blush
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gali Limonova
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Kitsto wrote:
On the noisy table we played Rob's Kemet which is set in ancient Egypt.

Each player is a tribe. You need to occupy temples to get goodies and VPs but this invites attacks from the other players' armies. You can teleport your troops between pyramids and obelisks and get an assortment of fabled creatures to help you. It's a war game that is actually a disguised Euro. You place workers to do stuff and use manna to buy tiles that give you benefits. The battles are determined by playing a small, recyclable deck of cards - a nice mechanism for non-wargamers.

Mark took Rob at his word that this was a game about slapping opponents and started fighting all over the board which wrecked him for the rest of the game. Rob bought a giant cockroach and terrorised everybody. Mark tried to get manna. Meanwhile Gali, James and I formed a covert alliance and proceeded to pick on Rob. Mark was trying to get manna. Gali and James had a few friendly tussles over temples while Mark tried to get manna. Rob sacrificed his troops that displeased him and meantime Mark was trying to get manna. In the end Gali staged a cleverly constructed set of VPs with only Rob and his cockroach between her and victory. Rob's cockroach went on strike and Mark was still trying to get manna.

Kemet is actually a great game. But don't ask Mark.


lol Chris, what a wonderful description of our game!

I have to say, I was expecting something totally different (from Mark's descriptions beforehand) so when I realised what it actually was I was a bit apprehensive but I actually started enjoying it. Winning was a big surprise though! I think Rob overestimated himself a little bit when he decided to let us play to 10VPs instead of 8!

Grizzled is a good game but so depressing! I'd love another go, now that I know what the traumas can actually do!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Olney
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Haha brilliant!

I liked it quite a bit. It wasn't the game I expected and would describe it more as area control rather than worker placement

My only issue was that you and rob were cheating by sitting at the end of the table that could actually see the cards

I would definitely play it again
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.