GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

7,873 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2  | 

Beds & Bucks Gamers» Forums » General

Subject: Wednesday 11th January rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Olney
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is the tattoo on your shoulder a score tracker showing how many games you've won? Ever

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, James, it was a good game and if we could persuade Mark to give it another go I'd certainly be up for a re-run now we've got a better idea of what we're doing. One of the great things about the club is the wealth of games people bring to play. But it means you usually get to play most games only once. So it would be great to give it another go.

You're right that Rob and I were the only ones able to see the cards. But that's not how we cheated. I am forever cheating by forgetting to pay, adding small numbers up incorrectly and behaving like a forgetful old man (which unfortunately is not an act). But people generally know this and correct me pretty quickly. Rob cheats in an altogether more sophisticated way by applying what has come to be known as the Horn Rule. The Horn Rule is (1) that critical element of the rulebook that (2) Rob remembers too late in the game for anyone else to adjust their strategy and (3) which just happens to mean he'll win the following round.ninja

(Sorry all these edits are fat-fingered me trying to get the right emoticon - if that's what these widgets are called.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should add that this is all a bit rich coming from me. Eric calls me "75" not in reference to my age but because I remember only 75% of the rules and of those I do remember I get only 75% right. But by my reckoning this means I get over half right. You can get elected on less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.